Four.

Friday, 26 June

Naomi made her way along the gravel path and up the hill leading to the Clodgy lighthouse

Naomi made her way along the gravel path and up the hill leading to the Clodgy lighthouse. Her pleated blue, pink, purple floral midi skirt blew in the wind, making it almost a little uncomfortable to walk, but she pushed on. There were a few translucent clouds overhead, but they were neither big enough nor solid enough to cause Naomi any sort of distress. She looked across the flat and green landscape that stretched on for miles and miles as she adjusted her white square neck top, making sure her ruched bust looked alright before actually approaching the house. She'd seen Harry's yellow van the second she made it up the hill, like a sweet reminder that her final destination was just a few minutes away now.

Naomi didn't particularly like exercise. Well... she quite frankly hated it. She admired people who liked it and who would spend their entire life practising and perfecting their skills in one sport, but she never understood the appeal. Why put yourself through all that? For a few medals and temporary recognition? You'd have to retire when you were in your mid-thirties or early-forties, and what would you do then? What aggravated her to no end was how male athletes were often more sought after and given more appreciation and awareness than the women. What was so good about men? What did men have that women didn't?

Naomi saw the white summer dress and the red and white headband bobbing up and down from the grass surrounding the small bungalow. Though it was drowned out by the wind at a distance, Naomi could just about make out Grace singing to herself as she picked wildflowers. At some point, Grace turned around to look around her for more flowers, and suddenly her eyes landed on Naomi. She squealed and ran over to her, throwing her arms around Naomi's waist. Naomi knew this was Grace's usual reaction upon meeting someone she knew, but she'd never get used to how much the people in this town hugged and touched each other. She put her heart shaped sunglasses at the top of her head and then held her hands awkwardly out for Grace, her heart hammering as she didn't really know what to do. She patted her back with one hand, holding the other one to her own chest.

"Naomi!" Grace exclaimed, squeezing Naomi some before stepping away.

"Hi, is your brother here?" Naomi held onto the strap of her tote bag where Harry's knitted jumper was.

"He's indoors talking on the phone," Grace said, furrowing her brows as if it was the worst thing he could possibly do.

Naomi returned the look at Grace, making the little girl giggle. "Think he'd mind me handing this back to him?"

"Well, he's your boyfriend so..." Grace shrugged her shoulders. "Don't think you have to ask for permission."

Naomi felt a little panicked at that, hoping Grace didn't find it weird that she just asked her if it was okay that she entered her supposed boyfriend's house.

"I'll just-" Naomi pointed at the house and walked past Grace, but the little girl followed her back and started picking some more flowers around the house. Grace's high-pitched singing started up again, but Naomi didn't really mind as she knew Grace most likely only did it because she was content.