Six.

Sunday, 12 July

Birds were chirping outside Naomi's bedroom window, humming some sort of song that she now proclaimed to be her new favourite

Birds were chirping outside Naomi's bedroom window, humming some sort of song that she now proclaimed to be her new favourite. Slowly, she blinked herself awake, yawning as she rubbed at her eyes, adjusting her eyes to the surrounding scenery. For a split second she completely forgot where she was. The room looked different, it didn't smell of Bessie's morning toastie and burnt bacon. No, her surroundings were a stark white in the early morning sun and the room smelled of freshly brewed coffee. However, that coffee couldn't have been fresh, because the person beside her in bed didn't seem to be very awake.

Naomi had turned over onto her back sometime that night, both arms bent above her head, nuzzling into the quilt Harry had laid over her along with his duvet. Breathing calmly, looking utterly content, Harry was on his stomach, one arm under his head while the other was lazily draped over her stomach, his thumb resting dangerously close to her left breast. He looked peaceful, tips of his dark curls given the colour of fresh honey in the lazy sunbeams shining through the open window, he must've opened it and the blinds when he woke up to report earlier.

He opened his eyes slowly, as if he could sense that she wasn't asleep any longer, meeting her eyes right away. The green of his pupils looked like the moors outside, just as pretty, just as full of promise for opportunities and adventure.

"Morning," she croaked, yawning again as she rubbed her eyes.

"Did my alarms wake you up at all?" he asked, voice hoarse with sleep still, though Naomi knew he had been up all of two, it not three times already.

"Nope," she said, giving him a smile though her face was still swollen from a long night of sleep. "I haven't slept that well in ages."

"I didn't wake you up?"

"No."

"Not once?"

She giggled, looking at him as he slowly started to smile back at her. "No."

"Promise?"

She laughed, turning on her side to face him. "Promise."

"And you say you're a light sleeper," Harry huffed, removing his hand from where it rested on top of her. The lack of pressure on her ribcage felt strange all of a sudden.

"Did you make a coffee brew earlier?"

"Yeah, when I woke up at 6 to do the report." Harry sat up, running his hands over his face. "I don't usually go back to bed, but I kind of needed it this time around. Absolutely, blindingly knackered. Fuckin' hell."

"What's the time?"

"Just past eight," Harry answered, getting up from bed. "So, I might have to go report."

"Go do that."

"Figured out earlier that I have to change the bulbs soon, the ones in the lamp in the bell room."