14 [i got you]

Willow's POV:

"oh no" i sped up to adam and kneeled next to him. everyone was to busy celebrating the fact he got a goal to notice he hadn't gotten up yet.

larson came and kneeled next to me "adam. adam are you okay?" he was out cold. i was surprised he cared. he turned back to mcgill. "what'd you do?" mcgill just gave him an evil look.

"my job" was all he said before he was taken to the box.

the medics came and larson and i stood up out of there way. adam woke up after they moved him the the stretcher. they strapped him in and checked to see if his pupils were dilated.

guy, jesse, and i surrounded adam. adam turned to jesse. "did it go in?" he asked.

"yeah man" jesse answered smiling a little.

"hey jesse, kick some hawk butt." i smiled slightly.

"alright" jesse said actually smiling. "cake-eater."

adam was rolled off the ice and the rest of us went to the bench.

"did you and adam just have a conversation without being mean to each other?" i asked jesse.

"totally not." jesse said skating away.

"oh no i think you did." i skated after him.

"let me got after him coach. let me get him" fulton said. coach denied the offer of fulton showing mcgill up. i knew mcgill was scared of him. he acted tuff but he wasn't.

"look it's time to play smart hockey. duck hockey. alright, we got the power play. hit him where it hurts the most. up there" coach pointed to the score board. "fulton your in."

"coach they'll be rushing him" averman said.

"right." coach stopped to think. "jesse make sure you get fulton plenty of time." i pat jesse on the back. "let's go. let's have fun out there." everyone cheered.

guy took the face off and i moved into right wing as usual. guy got the puck and passed to fulton. fulton concentrated then shot the puck. everyone jumped out of the way. the puck it got to the net and took the goalie and the net to the boards. we all ran to fulton and cheered him on.

tommy got the puck and skated up but lost it along the way. a hawk player got it and skated towards the goal and scored.

"guys, guys listen up. we have got to stay fired up and we have got to stay focused. it ain't over till it's over." coach turned towards tammy and tommy. "let's show these hawks something really good. come here." coach then rolled us the plan. tammy would distract the hawks long enough for her to get the perfect goal.

tammy skated towards the net and started spinning. tommy signaled for her to stop then passed the puck. she got it and scored. she made her way back to the bench and spun infront of the hawks bench. mcgill came up form behind and pushed her. fulton had had enough of me and flipped him over the boards. he got kicked out of the game. i fist bumped him before he left.

terry, guy, and jesse formed the flying v and skated up the ice. jesse passed back to connie, who passed it back up to jesse. jesse stays back while everyone else gives him a clear shot. he shoots he scores.

i pass charlie the puck and he skates up. i follow close behind. larson catches up to me and pushes me out of the way and i lose my balance. he skates up to charlie and hooks him. charlie falls onto the ice. i slammed me stick in the ice.

the ref skated to coach "penalty shot anyone on the ice can take it." coach nodded and stepped on the ice.

"alright ducks who's gonna take it?" coach asked.

"I think guy should take it" connie said. I would have agreed but it is charlie's penalty shot. everyone agreed to guy though.

"what about charlie." I said to coach. everyone came for my throat. "what? it is his shot."

coach seemed to agree with me though "wils right let him finish what he started.

"coach we have a chance to win" charlie apparently didn't think he could do it. coach pulled him off to the side and I'm sure gave him a pep talk.

charlie skated off to center ice. he skated in two circles before grabbing the puck and skating up. he deked once.

twice.

a third time and.

scored! right off the goal post!

we all threw our gloves and sticks and skated to charlie. we all hugged and cheered. the parents along with fulton joined us on the ice. I looked for guy to congratulate him but the wish I didn't. I saw connie pull him into a kiss. and he kissed back. my smile instantly vanished. I should've known he'd pick her, they've known each other longer. I felt tap on my shoulder. I turned to see chralie.

"you okay?" he asked. I just smiled and gave him a bone crushing hug.

"of course you just won the game for us!" i said smiling. he smiled back but he's smile was even bigger.

"I guess I did didn't I" I just laughed and hugged him again.

a guy walked onto the ice with the trophy and gave it to coach. we all huddled around as coach held it up. we cheered and screamed.

I finally had a second family. second home.

917 words