Chapter One

Hello readers! This is my first x reader book, so I hope you will enjoy it!

Due to some events in the story, reader will be female. Sorry if that inconveniences you.

P.S. This story uses the terms 'I' and 'me' instead of 'you' or 'your' as the main point of view. If you would like to read the EXACT same book but with the pronouns 'you' and 'your', look at the same book on my profile with just a different cover.
You can also click the link I attached in the comments as a shortcut to that version of the story as well.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my story!! ^^

--
(Y/n)'s P.O.V

It poured the morning my mother attempted to strangle me.

I was situated upstairs, still in my pajamas. Friday was never a fast-pacing day for me. I still had an hour before the problem would occur of transportation to my school. There was no need to stress out just yet.

The smell of brownies forming in the oven downstairs overstimulated through my nose. It wafted through my bedroom door, most likely filling up the whole house as well with the overly sweet scent.

My moment of utter silence collapses in seconds, an ear-shattering screech from downstairs sending my heart pounding.

"Mom..." I tentatively call out to her, earning no vocal response. Ready to speak once more, I falter when the sharp tone of glass shattering reverberates repeatedly. A tingle instinctively crawls its way up my spine, shooting deep into my nerves.

Without a thought towards my own safety, I leap out of the comfort of my bed, thumping down the stairs with each step. Lighting struck outside, the dining room lights temporarily flickering with the aftermath.

"M-Mommy?" The voice that leaves the tip of my tongue sounds unnatural, like an afraid little girl who just saw something traumatizing.

She was silently crying. Tear lines streaked her right cheek, tracing her chin before dropping off to dampen her morning shirt. The once neatly wrapped bun of hair on her head was unraveled, twisted with knots and pieces of glass. Presumably, breakfast was burning on the stove, the flames licking every grease drip that spilled out of a pan.

My mother's left side was a whole different story.

Tears weren't even relevant, overflowed by the blood that caressed her features. The once beautiful eye that I've seen so many times in my life as she smiles at me was missing. The residue of it was squashed on her hands and the knife she held closely.

How long did it take for her to do this?

I could only regret staying up last night instead of helping my mother in the kitchen this morning, pondering if it was too late to send an ambulance now. The eye, no matter how gruesome the sight was, wasn't the problem. My mother fumbled to breathe correctly, spit and stomach acid overflowing.

Her hand reaches out to me, and I advance her fallen body on the floor.

"Here-" She pounces, sending me flying. My back hits hard against the cold tiles, a scream out-bursting from my lips as glass digs deep into the skin.

My mother loosely puts her arms around my neck, conflicted about whether causing serious damage or not. I slide my feet up to my chest, kicking her in the stomach. She heaves out more blood, clawing her way towards me.

"Screw this," I mutter slowly, backing my way out hurriedly.

The rain hits me like a wet cloth as I slam open the back door. It pelts my skin sharply, giving the hint that hail was striking down as well. No matter how loud the storm was, it still couldn't block out the demonic screeching my mother brewed up from still within the house.