Chapter Three

"So your whole team's okay?" Toru questions, shocked. The friendly boy, who I learned is Koushi Sugawara, nods his head halfway but shakes to indicate no all the same.

"Sort of? Our coach is missing, along with two second-year players. Today's...been stressful." His eyes glint with sadness. I could tell he was trying to keep it together, calming everyone else's nerves in the process if he kept his cool.

"Why'd you come here in the first place?" Kageyama cuts into the conversation, tightening his grip on the volleyball when we round a corner. The boy must be able to spike or serve the sphere very hard, otherwise, that's pointless for a makeshift weapon. I can only imagine it'd stung someone, but not long enough to be helpful.

"Well," I tug on Natsu's hand that she had placed in mine earlier, his eyes looking down at her. "We were hoping you've seen her brother? He's in the volleyball club." He glances past her face this time, focusing on the bouncy curly locks of orange.

"Let me guess, Hinata Shoyo?"

'So Hinata's their last name,' I think to myself, happy to finally put a full name to the boy in her picture.

"Yes." Natsu leans in closer to me, hoping for better hearing over the rain as Kageyama speaks.

"He's safe. Being a dumbass, but safe." I cringe at his statement, Sugawara joining me as well.

"Don't call nii-san a bad word!" Natsu defends her older brother, glaring daggers at the taller boy. A bead of sweat arises on his forehead, unsure of what to do. Sighing, I decide to help him, whispering into her ear.

"He didn't mean it." It wasn't truly a whisper, being loud enough for the three boys to also partake in the conversation. She grumbles off about him as we continue to search the premise, ignoring Kageyama like he's simply just a pesky mosquito.

A door inside the school creaks opens ahead of us, setting my muscles on fire. The mode of fight or flight immediately kicks in. I feel my whole body tense up, waiting to see if I need to pick up Natsu and sprint in the opposite direction. Oikawa was standing in front of me, no doubt sharing my same thoughts.

"Iwa-chan?" He loudly states, watching as the said boy emerges from the darkly lit hallway and back outside. "Where's Makki and Mattsun?" The absence of the two alarms me when Toru mentions it, no one following behind Iwaizumi as he approaches our newly found group.

"They didn't want to travel back down the hallway, so they're hoping to find another exit." He scoffs, looking back disgusted. "To be honest, I didn't want to return that way either." Whatever he saw must've been disturbing. His eyes widen at the sight of Kageyama and Sugawara.

"I see you actually found someone." I catch the small attention Hajime puts towards the raven-haired boy, seeming uncomfortable in some sort.

"Nii-san is here too!" Natsu now has a bounce in her step, excited to see her big brother soon. What she witnessed with her mother was far from pleasant, and I'm sure the image of her will be hard to forget.

The rain is hard to ignore, puddles now grouping to make flooded patches. The whole group walks slower, each of us waiting in silence to see if the other two appear. For a split second, my thoughts drift to them waiting impatiently at the front of the school in this rain, just like we all agreed on. It hasn't been the time limit of thirty minutes yet, though.

A classroom window springs open, leaving water to spiral off the glass. Hanamaki jumps out, followed by Matsukawa who hands him the food obtained back at Natsu's house first. They both do a double-take at our small formation, likely not expecting to run into us this quickly.