Chapter Eleven

"Quit staring before I start assuming things." Sweat gleamed down his stomach as the third year taunted me, flicking my forehead with his finger.

"Did you seriously just bathe? It's only, I don't know, three in the afternoon?" I purposely avoid glancing down, unsure if the boy had clothing underneath his tightly wrapped towel.

"You have no right to judge me."

"I am just...going to exit now and leave you be then." I shift past Semi's figure, darting out of the room rapidly.

The next hours went by relentlessly, the endless amount of loops I did around the two floors of the hotel proving to be only a pointless distraction. My leg felt numb by the time the sunset darted long out of view, leaving us to the mercy of pitch darkness if the lights were to give out.

Finding myself in, once again, the lobby, I propped myself up on the front desk. The smooth surface left me gliding, the rhythm of kicking my legs back and forth sending momentum to whirl forward problematic.

Seeing as no one was present, I flop backward and off beyond the view of the now blocked in the doorway. There was no telling what could occur in the night, so for good measure, some of the Karasuno players had boarded it up with no plan of tearing it down.

The creak of the door on its hinges as it swayed open, which was conveniently unlocked located behind the desk for employees, let the darkness of its space enlighten with overspilling light from the main room. My shadow was a murky outline on the floor, the ground uneven as I touch walls in search of a switch.

The noise of it flipping under the tip of my finger was audible.

'Score!' My eyes roam the area of the room, spotting what I had desired to take with me. The unopened plastic crinkles when I grip the toothbrush within it, hurrying right back out of the backroom and exiting the lobby altogether.

My bare feet-the shoes long forgotten in some randomly numbered room-grew slick with red marks from the carpeted flooring. I don't mind the raw pain that ejects from the irritated skin, comprehending that it would just be something I would have to accept.

"Please tell me one of you has some toothpaste?" I round the corner and ask the first people I see, waving around the cyan-colored brush that was now my rightful property.

Shirabu sighs at my demeanor, handing over the tube of minty mouth cleaner. My classmate next to him, Goshiki, glares at the setter to which he happily returns with a scowl.

It was a sight all too of a frequent greeting for them to be of any shock to me.

"Glad to see you're all perky now." I let my toothbrush drop to hand off the side of my mouth, tilting my head sideways.

"What're you referring to?" His poor attempt to hide his snickers fail as I stare at the second-year.

"You had your panties all in a twist when you first arrived. Clearly, you weren't having a good day."

'Who would be happy with the current occasion?' I think to myself, now upset over the fact he tried to read my emotions like the way one would study their opponents on the court.

"...Hey, maybe we shouldn't-"

"Shirabu, maybe you're the one who's on edge, just to clarify things." I stopped Goshiki in his tracks, giving him a side hug before trotting my way back to the room the rest of the girls claimed for the night.

"Hey, why are you limping? (Y/n), stop for a second." No matter how much the boy tries to push my buttons on a daily basis, I still answer his question, granted that he's an upperclassman.