Chapter Seven

With three vehicles now in our possession, we assign who's traveling with who. The majority of us would buckle up in the minivan, the extra space with the trunk enough to hopefully support anyone without a proper seat.

The remaining two vehicles were a car, along with a truck that luckily had a backseat.

"Got a hold of it?"

"Yeah." Daichi gave one final boost to lift a dark red bike into the cargo bed of the pick-up, Tanaka forcefully giving it a tug to securely keep it in place. They repeated the action swiftly three more times, Sugawara and Ennoshita only being able to haul two bikes each back from their little adventure to the front entrance, where all the bike racks were located.

"...Are these enough to fit us all?" Asahi speaks his thoughts, creating the small ounce of doubt in our plan already full of rips and tears.

"Well, it's gonna have to!" Nishinoya scrambles through the open driver door of the minivan, buckling in. "I call the steering wheel!"

"Not with your hyperactive nerves." Ennoshita strolls over with the intent to kick him to the back, not trusting his skills at driving. Seeing as it's going to take a while for him to surrender it over, Daichi signals for everyone's attention.

"I'll head out first with the car. Anyone wanting to join can, we need to occupy all the available seating before we can leave." He turns to head for the car, shutting the door carefully behind him.

"That's my cue then." Sugawara trails after the Karasuno volleyball captain, swinging open the passenger door before hopping in.

"(Y/n)." I turned to the girl who spoke to me, a bag from the club room strapped over her shoulder.

"Kiyoko-san." Her hands wrap around my shoulders, giving them a light, encouraging squeeze before she pulls back.

"I pray that you'll stay safe until we're all reunited again." She nods to me, climbing into the back seat along with Michimiya and Yachi. Seeing as I was the only high school girl left in the midst, my stomach churned. The small possibility of getting separated would leave me with no other companions of the same sex other than younger Natsu, who's only begun learning two step math equations.

I watch as the car disappears into the after-rain fog, turning off the curb and into the main street.

"You five should take the truck and follow them since you don't know the way to his house." Asahi points out, directing the suggestion to me along with all my other friends from Aoba Johsai.

"Yeah, good idea." I was about to step forward before the smallest tug on the bottom of my shirt tugs me back.

"(Y/n)-chan, are you leaving me?" Natsu trembles, self-evident that she has grown quite attached to me since I was there when her mother went berserk.

"On second thought, I think I'll go with the last group. See you, dudes, later." I didn't have the heart to stray away from the vulnerable little girl, waving shyly to the boys as they awkwardly resumed deciding who'll be driving. My heart lurches as two strong arms wrap around my tiny frame so intensely that I thought my rib cage would crack, holding me in that position for a few mere seconds before releasing.

"You know my number. Use one of the Karasuno player's phones if something goes haywire." Iwaizumi gives me one last pat-feeling more like a slap- on the back before nabbing the keys out of Toru's fingertips. "I'm driving. Your dumb ass will land us straight in a ditch."

His sour words wouldn't cease in replaying non-stop in my mind, the last words I heard from the boy I grew up with before they took off into the morning darkness.