chapter six

Thank God it's Friday.

It's only been a week back at school but I'm so ready to just let go and party at Taylor's tonight with my friends. We haven't been able to all hang out together in a while so this is going to be fun.

I had finally arrived back home and rushed straight to my room to get ready. The party started around 6:30 and it was already 4:00 giving me way too little time. I wanted to shower, curl my hair and pick out an outfit all before Alyssa picks me up but looks like that's not going to happen.

I guess I'll just skip the shower. I literally had one this morning, I think I'll be fine.

I started sifting through my clothes once I reached my closet, not wanting to waste any more time. I chucked a few different things onto my bed and finally decided on a crop top with spaghetti straps paired with a black skater skirt which I had ironed a few patches onto near the bottom. I also had chosen to put on some star earrings and a gold dangling earring in my second piercing.

'Cute.' I thought to myself as I looked up and down at my outfit in my mirror. I tapped my phone screen to check the time only to panic when I saw it was already 5:35.

Shit, shit, shit.

I turned on my curling iron and got straight to styling my hair into soft curls that framed my face. As a person never really being on time for anything, I had experience of doing my hair quickly. It's honestly one of my best traits to be honest.

By 6:02 I had finished doing my hair and started applying a light layer of makeup. I didn't want to do too much because what's the point when you know it'll likely all come off when you're dancing with everyone.

"BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER!" yelled Ashley as she burst in through my bedroom door.

"What the fuck, Ash?!" I cried after jumping and recovering from the shock of the rude entry from my best friend.

She just laughed in response and I rolled my eyes at her but still followed her out my house and to her car which was parked in her driveway next door. I should really get my driver's license one day but I haven't seen a point to yet.

Soon enough we were pulling up to Taylor's house and I could already see people from our school outside talking and dancing with red cups in their hands in the front. The music was getting increasing louder as Ashley and I walked through the door until it reached a point where it created a steady pounding in my head. Maybe a drink or two will solve it.

We approached one of the drinks tables and, although there were filled cups at the side, I poured myself a fresh one. I knew not to eat or drink anything from someone else, especially at a party like this.

Ashley spotted Clem and Maddy not too far from us so we started to wade our way through the drunk teenagers and get to our friends. We finally reached them but when we did they seemed to be in quite a deep conversation about something. They hadn't even realised our arrival.

"Maddy you've got to tell h-"

"Heyyy!" Ashley interrupted. She had already had a few sips of her drink and let's just say she's not the biggest heavyweight when it comes to alcohol.

Maddy and Clem immediately stopped talking about whatever they were talking about when they noticed we were there.

"Um, did you hear anything?" Maddy asked me.

"No?"

Strange. I decided not to question it though because this was my time to relax and not worry about anything. I'm sure it doesn't mean much anyways.

"Let's go dance!" Ashley yelled at no one in particular and started trying to drag Maddy into the crowd of people dancing.

I giggled at her already tipsy state and followed them. I was quickly consumed by the music and let it take over, only focusing on the beat.

—- time skip

I didn't know what time it was except for it was late. I had decided to not drink anything else as Ashley was way too drunk to drive us home at this point.

"Hey, Maddy." I said whilst turning to her, "I'm going to try find a water so I can sober up more, okay?"She just nodded her head and giggled slightly in response. Yeah, I was definitely the designated driver tonight.

I sighed slightly and walked over to the kitchen area. There was barely anyone there as I filled up an empty cup I found with water.

I was just sipping my water by the side when I felt someone grip my wrist and turn me around. I widened my eyes in shock only to be met with his hazel ones.

"Ethan?" I questioned as I crossed my arms, "What do you want?"

"Relax darling." He replied lowly.

I'd be lying if I said that didn't give me butterflies.

No Brooke. You have a boyfriend.

"I was just here to tell you that you look really good tonight."

Is it just me or is it hot in here?

"I- um, okay." I wasn't sure how to reply to that. "Ethan, are you drunk right now?"He simply chuckled in response and started to close the gap between us.

"W-what are you doing?" He continued moving closer, "You know I have a boyfriend."

"Well you should break up with him." He replied but this time barely above a whisper.

"Why would yo-" But before I could finish I think Ethan had realised what he said and was walking away.

"What the fuck?!" I mumbled to myself.

I tried processing what had just happened and what Ethan had meant as I walked back to my friends. I spotted them in the same place as earlier. Ashley spotted me and stumbled towards me. She, as well as both Maddy and Clem, looked way too intoxicated for their own good. I laughed at their struggles to do anything then dragged them all to the car. By now it was 11:30 and the party was dying down.

I drove down the empty streets trying to focus on the road but there was really only one thing on my mind.

"You should break up with him."

—- words [1087]
sorry for the slow update guys :/
but thank you sm for 66 reads❤️
olivia :)