The Big News

Tony sat in the waiting room in the hospital, more horrified than ever. Scared about the mother of his child, and his unborn son.

God, he is going to have a son. He is going to be a father. The thought was still so surreal, because who would have thought The Tony Stark having kids.

It all started five months ago...

***

Tony was in his lab, working on the newest weapons for the U.S military. He had AC/DC blasted on full volume. The music was lowered, and Tony sighed, knowing that Pepper, Rhodey, or Stane were accessing his lab, probably to lecture him about something.

As he expected, the sound of high heels clicking filled the huge lab, "Mr. Stark," Pepper said, trying to get his attention. Tony turned around in his stool, setting down his tools, "Ms. Potts. What's the lecture about this time?" He asked.

Pepper gave him a small smile, "I'm not here to lecture you. I just need you to sign these papers," she held out some papers clipped on a clipboard. She handed him a pen and he signed them without even reading them.

"I think I might sign off my company to you someday without me knowing," He joked.

"Who said you haven't already?"

Tony smiled and gave her back the pen. Then he noticed the thing she was holding in her other hand; it was an envelope. He nodded towards it, "What's that?"

"Oh, I found this letter in Mr. Stane's office when I went to pick up some files he left for me. But I noticed it was directed to you. It said on the back that it's from Amy Riedo," she said and handed it to him. "It was open when I found it. I think Mr. Stane read it," 

Tony nodded in acknowledgment, remembering the long-haired brunette he met at a party about three months ago. He doesn't exactly remember the night, because obviously, he got drunk. But he does remember his pleasant time with the woman. He pulled out the letter, 

"Dear Mr. Stark, 

I know you probably don't remember me, my name is Amy Riedo. We met at a party three months ago. We spent it drinking, then we went to your mansion. I'm sorry to have to tell you this over a letter but I don't have your contact info. I'm pregnant,

Tony felt like he had a small heart attack at the words I'm pregnant.

 "I'm sure it's yours. I'm engaged, but it isn't his because I only met him after the party and we didn't do anything 'intimate'. Again, I'm really sorry you're having to know such big news over a letter. My address and contact info are on the back of this letter. I really hope you respond to this.

Amy Riedo."

Tony felt his heart skip beats. He turned over the paper and read the information. No. No no no no, this can't be true!  He can't. Be. A father. "Mr. Stark?" Pepper's concerned voice rang around him. He looked up at her, dismissing her worried look, "Um, can you call Happy? tell him to get a car after two hours, we're driving to San Diego,"

Pepper looked slightly taken aback by his request but nodded anyway and then exited the lab, already pulling out her phone to text Happy. 

Tony slouched in his seat, the only thing running through his mind was how horrible his father used to treat him, and how he will turn out exactly like him. A drink. He needed a drink. Tony got up and stalked towards the minibar he had in his lab. He poured a glass of Vodka and sat on the sofa (More like collapsed into the sofa from shock).