A New School

It's been a month. A whole month since Tony has gone missing, and still, there was no news about him.

Peter has long accepted the fact that his dad wasn't coming home, and he realized he has to be more mature now, Of course, he didn't know what he has to do, but he tried his best. 

Just like Pepper had told him, he stopped sleeping in class and focused on his schoolwork more. He stopped watching all the cartoons he liked and instead he started reading novels more. Pepper was concerned about him, His whole demeanor has changed, the once bubbly, enthusiastic boy was now replaced with a dull and unmotivated one. She had been getting calls from Peter's school saying that they were concerned about him. But it surprised her when they called saying that Peter has gotten into a fight during break-time.

She sat in the principle's office while Peter was at the nurse because he had a bloody nose. "Miss Potts, Peter's teachers are very worried about him. We understand that there's a problem at home and that you wish to not disclose it, but this has gone too far. Peter is a quiet, little boy and I understand that the other boy was the one to push him to his limits, but we can't overlook that Peter is the one who initiated the fight,"

"With all due respect, Mr. Allitt, But the other boy, Leo Eyler, is the one who made Peter angry and frustrated, so if anyone should be suspended it should be him, not Peter,"

"I know, Ms. Potts. But Mr. and Mrs. Eyler are board members for this establishment, and my hands are tied. I can't suspend Leo,"

"Then what do you suggest we do?"

"Peter is an exceptional, little boy. He's gifted. And our curriculum and system do not nurture his advanced intellectual abilities and needs. My best advice is to move him to a private school for gifted children,"

Pepper thought about it for a moment. Tony never wanted Peter to go to a private school. He wanted him to grow up as a normal kid, have friends and live his life and not be drowned by books and studying. "No, I can't put him in a private school," she said. She narrowed her eyes, " And do you really think that a private school will accept him now that he got suspended?"

"Well, if you move him now, I can remove the suspension from his record. Now, it would look like you pulled him out of our school."

***

Pepper drove back home. Peter sat in the back, still holding a tissue to his nose with tears in his eyes. Pepper looked at him from the rear-view mirror and sighed, "Peter, can you please tell me what happened?"

He didn't respond. "Pete, I need to know what happened,"

"They already told you," he mumbled.

"I want to hear your side of the story. The Peter that I know would not attack another kid with no reason,"

More tears filled his eyes, "they were talking about dad. They said that he was dead."

The car stopped in front of the mansion and Pepper turned around to face Peter, "honey, he's not dead. He'll come back--"

"He said he'll be gone for three days! It's been a month!" Peter snapped.

Pepper sighed and leaned back in her seat. She looked at Peter through tge rear-view mirror; his cheeks were blotchy and his eyes were bloodshot from crying. "Peter," she said softly.

He didn't look up at her and sniffled. She continued, "it's hard on all of us. Tony will, hopefully, come back. I can't promise you because I don't know what will happen in the near future, but I can promise you this: Tony will never stop loving you. Wherever he is, I'm one hundred percent sure he misses you, and is dying to come back home to see you."

Peter sniffled again and wiped away the tear tracks on his pink cheeks. He looked up at her with a look of fear and guilt, "I'm sorry for yelling. And for the fight at school,"

Pepper smiled softly at him, "it's okay, Peter. Speaking of which, would you. . . Want to change schools aftet what happened?"

"I don't really want to, I like my school. Leo is the only downside of going there,"

"Well, the principle thinks you should go to a private school, where you'd study things more. . . appropriate to your intellectual abilities,"

Peter furrowed his brows in confusion, "Like, a school for special kids?"

"Yeah, something like that,"

"I don't really know."

Truth be told, he did actually want to transfer schools. His current school is like a living hell. Leo Eyler would not stop annoyiny him and other kids in their class and lower classes.

***

After giving it some thought, Pepper decided that it's the best option if she moved Peter to another school. Later that afternoon, she called the school principle and discussed the matter with him. He agreed to pull Peter, and promised to recommend to her the best schools for gifted childern.

After two days of researching, she settled on a school that was not so far from the mansion. The process of getting Peter setteled into the new school would take a week.

During this week, Pepper noticed that Peter was squinting a lot when he watched T.V or tried to read a road sign that was a few feet away from him. After a visit to the paediatric ophthalmologist, it confirmed what Pepper was thinking: Peter was becoming near-sighted.

After a couple of days, Peter came home with a brand new glasses perched on his nose, which Pepper found that it made him even cuter.

The following Monday, Peter and Pepper were walking through the doors of his new school. Peter was already wearing the school uniform; a white button-up shirt, with a navy blue tie, a blazer with the school's logo embedded in it, and a pair of shorts which were all navy blue coloured, and white shoes.

Most if the kids in the school were child geniuses just like Peter, while the other students obviously came from high-profile families, and probably bought their way into the prestigious school.

After a quick meeting with the principle, Peter was heading off to his class, while Pepper went back to work.