First Words

Tony still can't believe that his baby is one year old. He's the most adorable baby Tony has ever seen. He thought that kids were annoying with all their crying and constant need for attention, but he loved every second he spent with his son. 

He was working in his workshop while Peter played in his playpen that Tony had set up for him. It was far away from anything dangerous in the lab, but close enough that Tony could keep his eye on him.

"Hey, Pete, do you think if I reversed the ion charge on this thing it will work?" Tony asked, looking over at Peter, who was cuddling his teddy bear close. Obviously Tony didn't expect an answer, but he liked to talk to his son. Peter giggled and attempted to clap his hands together.

"Oh, yeah? Me too, I think it will work," he smiled and turned back to his work.

"Do you always talk with him like this?" Pepper asked, walking in.

"Yup, and oh, look it actually worked," He said, holding up the device he was working on. He turned to Peter, "Smart boy,"

Peter clapped happily, "Dada!"

Both Tony and Pepper froze. He glanced over at her, "Did he just...?"

"Say his first word? Yeah, he did,"

Tony beamed and picked Peter up, holding him high while Peter babbled happily, "My boy is a genius!"

Pepper watched in amusement as he praised Peter more. Peter just kept giggling and repeating the word, "Dada" over and over.

"Yes! that's me! I'm Dada, good job," Tony couldn't stop smiling. He turned to face Pepper holding Peter on his hip, "He said Dada!"

"Yes, Tony, I heard,"

"He's a genius,"

"You do realize that all babies say their first word at the age of one, right?"

"You're such a party-pooper. And yes I know, but still, he's a genius like his dad,"

"Whatever you say. Now sign these so I could return to my work,"

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I had some problems yesterday about school and the pressure they put on us to get good grades without any regard to our intellectual abilities and performance in class, and how all that affected my mental health. I'm good now...I think. I don't know if I'm gonna post on this story for a long time, cuz tbh I don't know how to take the story from here, and I'm too emotionally drained and unmotivated. So, sorry :(