19- All the Time

The next morning I woke up to a text from JJ. "Waking up on the couch alone isn't fun :("

I smiled and quietly got up from the bed, trying not to wake Sarah. I saw JJ laying on the couch, looking at his phone. He turned and looked at me when he heard my footsteps.

"Where's John B?" I whispered.

"Umm, I think he's still sleeping," JJ whispered back.

I crept over to John B's room and peeked inside. JJ was right, he was still sleeping. I quietly closed the door and went to lay next to JJ on the couch.

"How did you sleep?" he asked, kissing my forehead.

"Okay," I responded. "But I was cold without my cuddle buddy to keep me warm," I said, laughing. "How about you?"

"I slept fine, I was just lonely," JJ said, frowning.

"I'm sorry," I said softly, wrapping my arms around him and burying my face in his chest.

"Where did your necklace go, Pais?" JJ asked.

I sighed. "Sarah knows we're together. She told me I should probably take the necklace and the anklet off if I don't want John B to catch on. Trust me, I wish I could wear it."

"Just wear it if you want to. If John B catches on, then I guess we'll just have to tell him about us. I mean, we're going to have to do it eventually."

"You're right," I said, getting up and going to my room. I grabbed the necklace and anklet and went back to JJ.

I sat down and started fumbling to put the necklace on. "Here, let me help you," JJ said, taking it from my hands.

"Are you hungry?" I asked JJ.

"Yes, I'm starving. Can we make pancakes again?" JJ responded.

"Only if you help me," I said, pulling him off the couch.

"Ugh, fine," JJ joked.

We walked into the kitchen and I pulled up a recipe on my phone. I started reading off the ingredients to JJ so he could grab them. He walked over to the pantry and pulled out the box of pancake mix. "What about this?" he asked.

"We're going to make them from scratch," I told him. "It's more fun this way."

"It's just more work to me. And more work is not fun," JJ said.

When we started putting the ingredients together JJ took a pinch of flour and sprinkled it in my hair.

"JJ, what the hell?" I yelled. "You're going to make a mess."

"Shh, no I'm not," JJ said quietly. He was standing close to me, and I looked up at him. He started leaning down slowly.

"What the hell are you two doing in here? You're so fucking loud!" John B walked into the kitchen.

JJ didn't miss a beat. "Here let me get that flour out your hair for you," he said, smacking my head.

I turned to John B and said, "We're making breakfast, duh. We figured you and Sarah would be hungry."

"Oh yeah, thanks," John B said, looking embarrassed. "I'm going to go check on Sarah." He left the room.

"Shit, that was close. And ow, my head hurts," I whispered.