30- Mainland

"Sarah," I shouted. I wasn't sure if she was home, but I needed to talk to her. 

"I'm in here, Paisley," she responded. It sounded like she was in my brother's room. 

I went into John B's room and found Sarah sitting on the bed, writing in a notebook. "Hey, what's up?" she asked when she saw me come through the door.

"I desperately need your help. JJ's taking me on a date tonight. Like, an actual date where we go to a fancy restaurant and have to wear nice clothes. I have no idea what to wear," I explained.

Sarah smiled up at me. "This is going to be so much fun."

"You're the best," I said, returning her smile. 

She got up from the bed and said, "Let's go shopping right now. We have to get you a new dress."

"Okay," I said, laughing. I went to my room and grabbed my wallet. I walked out to the living room, looking for the keys to the van. I looked out the front window and saw that the van was gone.

"Where the hell are my brother and JJ?" I asked Sarah.

"I don't know. They left to go somewhere earlier this morning," she responded. 

"I guess we'll just have to walk," I sighed. 

We walked the short distance to the main part of town. Sarah led me into one of the nicer stores that I knew had some pretty expensive stuff. She turned to look at me. "Okay, let's go find you a dress." She smiled wide.

We started flipping through racks of dresses. Sarah wrinkled her nose. "Absolutely none of these are the vibe we're going for."

"I know. I would never wear any of these."

After almost 30 minutes of looking, I pulled a blush pink, knee-length dress off the rack. "What about this one?" I asked Sarah.

"That's perfect! Wait. Go try it on," Sarah responded excitedly. 

I went into the dressing room and Sarah followed me in. The dress was a wrap dress, so I was going to need some help putting it on. Once I got it on, I looked in the mirror. The dress had a deep v-neck and cold-shoulder sleeves with ruffles.

"It's beautiful," Sarah said. "You should totally get this one."

"Okay, let's do it," I responded. I changed back into my other clothes and we took the dress to the front of the store to buy it. 

As we walked home, Sarah asked, "Will you please let me help you get ready for tonight?"

"Duh," I said, laughing. "I'm going to need as much help as I can get."

When we got back to the house, it was already past 2. JJ and my brother were sitting on the couch with Pope, watching something on TV. JJ looked at me and smiled, "Hey Pais, just so you know, we need to leave at 4." 

"4?!" I exclaimed. "That's really soon," I shouted.

"Well, then you better start getting ready now," JJ said, laughing at me. 

"I'm going to call Kie," Sarah told me. "We need all hands on deck."

I laughed and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Thankfully I had already washed my hair last night. 

When I dried off, I wrapped my towel around me and walked to my room. Kie and Sarah were sitting on the bed waiting for me. Sarah pulled the dress I had bought off of the hanger and helped me put it on. 

"I love it," Kie squealed. I sat down in the chair at my vanity and Kie and Sarah started messing with my hair. 

"John B, can you help me with this? I have no fucking clue how to put this stupid thing on," JJ yelled from the other room. The girls and I burst out in a fit of giggles.