33- Midsummers

"Paisley, where the fuck is my bowtie?" JJ yelled, coming into my room. His shirt was half-buttoned and his belt was unbuckled.

"It's right there on the bed, love," I said while putting in my earrings.

"Thanks, bug," he responded, walking over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

He stood in front of my mirror and finished buttoning up his shirt. He put the bowtie on and attempted to fix his collar. "Pais, can you help me with this?"

He turned around and I adjusted his collar, making sure that it was down all the way. "Okay, you're good," I said, spinning JJ around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a lingering kiss.

I pulled away and said, "Are you almost ready to go?"

"Yeah, I just need to grab my jacket and put on my shoes," JJ told me.

I slipped on a pair of heels and followed JJ out of my room.

"I told everyone to go ahead without us, so we're going to ride over on the Pogue," JJ said as we headed out the door.

"What the hell, JJ?" I said. "My hair's going to get ruined." Sarah helped me put it in a cute updo before she left.

"I'll drive really slow so that we don't catch any wind. I'll make sure you're hair doesn't get ruined," JJ assured me, kissing my forehead.

"I love you so much, but you're such an idiot. Why would you tell them to leave without us?" I questioned.

"Shit, I thought it would be fun to ride over on the boat, but I guess I was wrong." JJ held up his hands defensively.

I grabbed JJ's face in my hands and kissed him softly. "I'm sorry, JJ, I shouldn't be such a bitch. It's not that big of a deal."

JJ smiled at me and took my hand. We walked down to the boat and JJ helped me get in.

By the time we arrived at the party, we were already about 10 minutes late. Once JJ turned off the engine, I held my phone out in front of me, inspecting my reflection. He took the phone from my hands and held it up for me. "Thanks, love," I said, smiling at JJ. I adjusted a couple pieces of my hair until I was satisfied.

"Is my hair okay?" I asked JJ.

"You're beautiful, Paisley, and your hair looks great," JJ responded. He took my hand in his and kissed it.

I reached up to run my fingers through JJ's hair a couple of times, fixing it. He hopped out of the boat and reached out his hand to help me down.

When we were both on the ground, I adjusted my dress to make sure it wasn't laying weird. JJ held out his arm and I linked it with mine.

As we approached the party, music was playing loud and everyone was already dancing. I could see Kie standing next to Pope, looking around. When we saw us, her eyes lit up and she started walking toward us.

"I was wondering when you guys were going to show up," Kie chuckled. She pulled me away from JJ and onto the dance floor. Sarah was already there with my brother.

Sarah came up to the two of us and we all started dancing together. I wasn't sure where the boys had gone off too, but the girls and I were having a good time together.

After a little while, the music slowed down and everyone started pairing up. John B came up and took Sarah away, and Pope did the same with Kie. I looked around for JJ, and I saw him making his way over to me. I smiled at him.

"Will you dance with me?" JJ asked, taking my hand.

"Of course," I responded, giggling.

He led me over to an area that had fewer people than the main dance floor. JJ wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck. He pulled me close and I rested my head on his chest.

"Are you having a good time tonight?" I asked quietly.

"Surprisingly, yes. I mean, being with you is always great, but playing Kook for a night is more fun than I thought it would be." JJ laughed lightly.

I lifted my head and looked into his eyes. "Thank you for coming with me, I mean it."

"Thanks for forcing me to come," JJ said with a smile.

He cupped my cheek in his hand and started leaning down. Somewhere in the distance, a clap of thunder sounded, causing an overdramatic response from everyone. I jumped and JJ wrapped his arms around me.

We heard another clap of thunder and out of nowhere, it started pouring rain. Everyone began to run for cover, and JJ grabbed my hand, starting to run toward the dock.

Once we stepped out from the covered dance floor, it felt like my dress was already soaked through. "Shit," JJ mumbled as he handed me his suit jacket to use to cover up.

I held the jacket up over my head with one hand and gripped JJ's hand with the other. We kept running toward the dock.

As soon as we reached the Pogue, JJ quickly scrambled to get in. I had stopped on the dock, looking at him. "Paisley, we need to hurry and get home before the storm gets even worse."

I let the suit jacket fall to my shoulders. I shook my head and started walking toward JJ quickly. I snaked my arms around his neck and pulled him down toward me, kissing him passionately. His hands gripped my waist and he pulled me even closer, deepening the kiss.

After what felt like hours, JJ pulled away and said, "Paisley, we need to get out of this rain. We could get sick, or the storm could get worse and-"

"Shh, I don't care," I whispered. "Just kiss me."

JJ quickly complied and reconnected our lips.

We jumped apart when yet another clap of thunder sounded and lightning flashed through the sky.

"Okay, maybe we should go now. Do you want to just go back into the club and see if anyone is there who could drive us?" I glanced back at the building and saw that it was completely dark. "Never mind, I guess the boat is our only option."

"JJ, do you think it's going to be safe?" I asked, my voice laced with worry.

"We'll be fine," JJ assured me, pulling me down to sit on his lap once we were both on the boat. "I'm just going to take us to the cove. It's closer than the house is."

A few minutes later, we made it to the cove. We entered the cave and found the spot where we had spent the night after JJ and my brother had fought. All of the blankets were exactly as we had left them. I guess people didn't really come here.

I looked over at JJ and saw that his white shirt was completely soaked through. I could see every contour and detail of his body. I walked over to him and started unbuttoning his shirt. "This has to go," I said, pulling off the shirt and tossing it to the side. I kissed him as I pulled him down next to me on the blanket.

He broke away from the kiss and said, "Well, then this has to go, too," as he sat up and pulled my dress off.

He gently pushed me down so that my back was against the ground. He leaned down and started trailing kisses from my jaw down to my chest.

I reached up and unbuckled his belt, helping him take off his pants. The cave was filled with the sound of the rain pouring down and the waves hitting the shore.