8%

four.

| a s h t o n |

        | 6:01am – Wednesday |

I was eating Cheerio's on the kitchen island as I watched some news on the television. I had a mason jar containing Josie's head right in front of me. I spun it around and watched as the head bobbed around in the liquid. It was entertaining.

"I'm here at the scene of a horrific murder on Burgundy Street," the news reporter on the television said. I whipped my head towards the tv and increased the volume, wanting to know what they have to say about our amazing work. "It seems, Ted, that this murder is correlated with the one on Petersburgh Street. The victims were bludgeoned and mutilated in the same manner. The infants were also dismembered, the limbs and head removed and the torso left behind. Both families of the Etrange and Goode are devastated, warning whoever is behind these gruesome crimes."

I laughed loudly as a woman began uttering curse words that they were forced to bleep out. "That bleep should be bleep in hell and may bleep bleep on their bleep soul."

"The only evidence to be found on the scene is a note with the word 'calm' written on it, thus, creating a nickname for the killer. We've nicknamed him as the Calm Ripper Skinner..." the reporter added.

I rolled my eyes. Luke is surely behind that. He's obsessed with wanting to take credit for these crimes. We're serial killers, but he said he wants the world to know that we're the ones behind all these massacres, even if we're the only ones who know about it. "What's the point of all those perfect crimes when nobody's there to take credit for it?" Luke has said before leaving that note beside the bed of the Etrange couple. "We'll be remembered this way."

But fuck, Calm Ripper Skinner is such an ugly nickname.

Then I heard frantic knocking on the front door. I cussed and hastily took the mason jar and hid it in the pantry, behind the cans of sardines. I looked around the kitchen, making sure nothing suspicious is to be found. I made my way over to the foyer and looked through the window, only to see a police officer standing on the doorstep.

I opened the door and greeted the officer. "Good morning officer," I said with an award-winning smile.

"Good morning to you too," he said cautiously. He looked around the house. "Where are your parents?"

I racked my brain for a simple but believable answer. "My dad's on a business trip and my mom's at my aunt's house at the moment."

"So you're alone?" he continued.

"Alone as I'll ever be," I replied with a shrug.

"Okay, let me get to the point, kid," he said, "mind if I call you 'kid'?"

I shook my head and offered a small smile. "Not at all."

"Where were you last night at eleven o'clock?" he asked.

In the Etrange household, chopping up little Josie.

"Here. I was probably asleep at that time," I simply answered.

"I'm guessing you know about the murders on Burgundy and Petersburgh street."

"I just heard about it on the news."

He stepped into the foyer without my consent. I couldn't do anything about it since he was wearing a fucking police badge. That's how the world works, anyway. "They're just beyond your street, and I'm roaming around to ask the neighbourhood some questions, that's all."

"Um, okay?" I asked, feigning innocence.

He then began walking around the house. "You go to Riverside High School, right?"

"Yeah. Almost everyone in this neighbourhood does."

"Then I'm sure your know Jenny Goode?"

I nodded. Of course I knew her. I used to watch her in the girl's locker all the time. "Yeah, we have English class together."

"Do you know anyone who has something against her?"

"Not that I know of. I think everyone likes her, actually. She's friends with like the whole school," I replied.

He hummed in response and proceeded towards the kitchen. He frowned at the television, where the news was still talking about the murders. "It's horrible."

I sighed. "It is. Do you have any leads at all?"

He looked at me and pursed his lips. "All we know is that he could possibly live near the two streets, and that he leaves notes behind. We're basically at a dead end. He knows how to cover up his marks."

"Anyway, thanks for your time. I need to head out to investigate. If you have any information involving the murders, please don't be afraid to step forward," he said as he made his way to the foyer. "See you, kid."

"Bye, I'll make sure to have the police station on speed dial," I said jokingly, which surprisingly earned a small smile from him.

I closed the door and watched him get in his trooper. He parked it just beside the yard of the house next to ours before going out and making his way across the front yard.

Lazy fuck.

a/n:

packing is not fun.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i love everybody who's giving this story a chance tbh luv u -angelika