"You're hired"

"You're hired"

"Oh thank you Mr Afton! You won't regret your choice of hiring me, I promise."

"I don't think I will Y/N. Your resume is very impressive, I think you'll make a lovely inclusion to our little team here at Freddy's."

You couldn't help but smile at the fact that you had just gotten a job at the Freddy Fazbears! You had had always loved the restaurant as a child.

"Y/N, Y/N?"

"Oh! Sorry sir, I just spaced out for a second there. It won't happen again."

"It's ok Y/N, I was just going to warn you about what goes on here at night that may be a little "odd" to newcomers such as yourself."

"Did he just say warn? What could he possibly need to warn me about?"

"To just cut straight to the chase, the animatronics walk around at night."

"What? Wanna run that by me again?"

"Ah yes I can see the look on your face, don't worry, everyone is a little surprised to hear strange news like that at first. However, that's not what I wanted to warn you about."

"What is it then sir?"

Mr Afton paused for a moment, it looked like he was trying to find the proper wording for what he was about to say. "You see, Y/N..." He paused again, shutting his eyes and rubbing his index finger and his thumb over them. "The animatronics have this.. security system. I programmed them to be able to spot criminals if they were to ever enter the restaurant to.. protect the children. The only issue is that, at night, these sensors get a little, confused, for lack of better words, and can't distinguish between a criminal and a regular person."

You didn't say anything for a moment, contemplating what your new boss just explained to you.

"I understand completely if you'd rather not work here because of this Y/N. We've had a few people warded off by this."

"No no! I can handle it! It's just kind of strange you know, to hear something like that. But I will stay."

"I'm so glad to hear that!" A smile spread across Mr Aftons face, albeit a kind of a weird and creepy one. You never really took the time to really study Mr Afton. He was a larger man, that was for sure. He had short-cut darker brown hair with greenish-gray eyes. He looked tired, like a man who had been through a lot, but for some reason you couldn't feel sympathy for him. It felt like he was hiding something. He wore a dark purple uniform with a yellow badge on it. "Odd," you thought to yourself, "why would he be wearing a security guard uniform is he was the boss of this place?" You brushed off the thought, thinking he probably had some sort of attachment to it. Maybe he used to be a guard himself.

"Well then, I guess that concludes our little interview. I'm sorry to end this so abruptly but I have some.. business to attend to. Is Saturday a good day for you to start your training with the other guards?"

"Yessir, that sounds perfect!"

"Good! The other guards will be waiting for you at the front door around 9 to give you a little bit of a run down of the basics. They'll be staying with you all night tonight as you're just starting out, but you'll soon be either working by yourself or with one or two other guards."

"Alright. When will I be getting my uniform?"

"You'll be receiving your uniform when you get there. I'll be leaving just as you get there so I'll give it to you then.

"Thank you sir. I should be getting home now so I'll let you attend to what you have to do but I'll be sure to be there on time!"

"Alright then Y/N, have a good evening and I'll see you again on Saturday with the other guards."

You stepped out of the office and began walking down the hall, looking at all of the drawings made by so many of the children that visited this place hanging up on the walls. However, you stopped when one particular image caught their eye. It was a drawing of what your best guess was to be some sort of new animatronic that you had never seen before . The animatronic was handing a child a white present with a red bow. It was all black except for 3 white stripes on each of its limbs and a big white bow wrapped around its waist.
It looked to he wearing some sort of white mask. "Weird" you thought, "why is it smiling if it's crying?" It was a bit of an odd design choice, but the blueish-purple tears, the red rosy cheeks and the big wide smile seemed to almost work together in a way.

~~~~~~
(Edit) I just went back and fixed some things up. I really don't like how I wrote this chapter so I'm just going to change it first person with a couple edits here and there. (Though, I won't be changing the story itself!) I want to make this as immersive as possible so I hope this helps! Besides, first impressions always count :D
Chapter 2 will hopefully be out soon!
Have a good day! ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

~~~~~