Chapter 6

"The day before he told you to meet him up on the restaurant, because he had something to tell you, it was the day he was diagnosed of cancer. He didn't know about it. What he wanted to tell you was that he wanted you to be his girlfriend, but the next day when he was preparing himself for you, he just suddenly fainted and was sent to the hospital. It turns out that his cancer cells were spreading so fast. Even if he wanted to call you, even if he still wanted to meet you, he could not."

I looked at the ground, tears threatened my eyes. Even if Trevor wasn't my first love, I knew I was falling for him until he ditched me on that restaurant, only to find out that he had a fatal disease, having no assurance of the future.

"What – How is he now?"

I could hear my voice crack as the first tear just rolled on my cheeks, preparing myself for what was coming. I knew Trevor was strong that he could make it, but just by the sound of this guy's voice and how he didn't say anything for a while, just gave it away. I turned to look at him, but his face was expressionless but pale. Whatever was coming, I had to have at least a tinge of hope.

"Where can I see him? When can I see, Trevor?"

I asked, my voice barely audible. He turned his gaze on me and gave me a sad smile.

"Thank you for giving Trevor the best last month of his life."