Information

I'd go into full detail about the world, the different species, the kingdoms and countries and etc, but I don't want to overwhelm the people applying. So, I won't go into too much detail and instead will in part give the readers the chance to contribute their own to this world we're creating. However, some information is essential.

♤ Lypera is the name of the world as a whole. This world has been split into countries, kingdoms, etc.

♤ Some regions have just one kind of dominant species (vampires, for example), whereas others have a mix. However, where there is a mix, there tends to also be discrimination, oppression and conflicts. Of course, in some cases there's also peaceful cooperation or a more powerful species offers a weaker one or Parvi (equivalent of humans)

♤ Thing like LGBTQ+ rights, child labour, religious beliefs, etc. will be different in different areas. Feel free to incorporate something like this into your character's backstory.

♤ For now I propose you just stick with standard fantasy races you know or Parvi, so basically humans. It's probably easier than inventing races. I may put a bit of a twist on some species to keep things interesting and also to make sure the advantages match the disadvantages. For example, a type of shapeshifter might have impaired senses when having shapeshifted and shapeshifting can have a variety of physical effects, depending on the person (nausea, headache, sped up aging). Additionally, there are people called Forti, who are like Parvi but have one power (and (a) weakness(es) that balance it out)

♤ Like any world there is conflict. Aside from possible issues I already mentioned, there may be interkingdom issues. You may find one character has to take a dangerous route round because it would be illegal for them to go there. This isn't necessarily important for character creation, but I want you all to have a rough idea of what sort of stuff this book will feature.

♤ Mages do not get their powers from nature (apart from a few extremely rare cases but we're not going there). Their gifts are given in exchange for their service, time as well as some of the other stuff mentioned in the teaser. Keep that in mind if you make a mage.

♤ Character creation will be open until the 28th of June for now. This has been increased to the 15th of July! Everybody will create one chosen one character (unless they just want to make side characters from the get-go). I have no idea how many I'm going to get at this point - it might be ten, it might be two or it might be five. If there are less than five, I'll increase character creation time. If there are more than ten, I'll choose the five I feel will work best and think I'll be able to write best too. The others will be adjusted into side characters.

♤ If you join, I request you're kind of active (at first, at least). I'll publish a connections chapter for the character creators to express how they feel their characters would react to others and any pre-established relationships. I'll add some things about that when we get there. I'd appreciate you continuing to read after that, but I can't force anybody...

♤ The dream did not tell the chosen ones what they are aiming for, but it did tell them somewhere to head. This means that the chosen ones have had the chance to guess themselves what they were chosen for. Maybe something's going awfully wrong in their country? Or maybe they can't imagine anything being bad in the world.

♤ Express your opinions. If something feels off, let me know. If you have a great idea for a plotline, tell me too. I may not use it, but I may build it in! Additionally, I want to make a sort of community out of this. I want this to feel a bit like a collaboration or a group project.

♤ These are all the points I can think of. If there are any questions, please put them here. If I realise I've left out crucial information, I'll make a second info chapter. Thank you.

Tagging isn't a must but it would be greatly appreciated ♡