My Chosen One

Name: Oburon The Quiet
Age: 23
Gender: male
Romantic Orientation: panromantic
Sexual Orientation: polysexual
Species: Gaspa
Powers + drawbacks (with species that everybody knows the standard powers of, you can skip this)*: He can speak and understand all languages, although he's not good at translating. When using his power, he'll often feel a strong pain in different parts of the body, depending on the language. It's not really a stabbing pain, it feels like it comes from within and gets worse the longer he uses the power.

Appearance and/or Face Claim:

Oburon is extremely tall, yet not skinny, in fact he's a bit chubby

Oburon is extremely tall, yet not skinny, in fact he's a bit chubby. His arms are a bit like seaweed, physical strength is not his forte, though his legs are better equipped for walking long distances. His skin is dark, some say dark as the night sky but if you describe it like that he will ask you if you've ever seen the night sky. His hair is short a fuzzy, though he regularly shaves it all off. His eyes are near black but have this kind of warmth to him, a sort of twinkle. His nose is big and straight and his mouth large.
Distinctive features: His smile (on the rare occasions he shows it) and his height
Standard clothing: Usually, Oburon wears long dark robes that are a dark brown. Underneath he wears trousers that slightly resemble cycle pants in form, yet are simply a matted brown colour. He opts for boots or sandals on his feet, though often just goes barefoot.

Personality: Oburon is rather quiet at first and rather shy. That doesn't mean he's introverted, he enjoys company and is most definitely an ambivert, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have trouble talking to people. Many mistake his shyness for him being standoffish or rude, especially if he does actually say something, since there's an odd quality to it. Once he's comfortable around you, it'll be much clearer that he does enjoy your company, though he tends not to be very expressive. When possible, he'll avoid talking and his facial expressions tend to be minimalistic, often just a slight twitch. Being this rather harmless seeming fellow, many are surprised to find out he's quite the prankster or would be if they picked up on it. Many a time he's pulled a prank and when somebody else got blamed for it, he just regarded it as part of the prank. He has a great sense of humour but tends to keep jokes to himself and is a great fan of irony. The one they all found incompetent turning out to be the chosen one? He'd genuinely laugh.
Likes: irony, pranks, solitude, having people he can trust around, bananas, hiking, learning new things, making jewellery, helping those who need it, liberty, honesty, birds, deserts
Dislikes: coastal regions, cold climates, magical and technological methods of transportation, using his power, bland tasting food, pasta, loud noises, annoying people, people he cares about fighting, the night
Strengths: high pain tolerance, good at hiding emotion, friendly, humble
Weaknesses: can be off putting, finds it hard to speak up for what he believes in, lets others control him
Fears: large bodies of water, betrayal, losing a loved one, heights, things he regards as unnatural
Habits/Quirks: slight twitching, scratches his left elbow when thinking, he waves with his thumb and ring finger bended

How they feel about being a chosen one: Oburon is surprised for sure and a bit scared because taking action is scary.
What they believe they were chosen for*: Emancipating the Gaspa
Background: Oburon comes from a region with an extremely structured society, however his being a Gaspa kind of seperated him from the system. Being a Gaspa meant he had the ability to understand all languages, so he was seperated from his parents at a young age and sent off to a private school, where he got a high standard of education and most importantly, learnt about different cultures. Upon turning thirteen, he was sent to live with a family of diplomats and was their translator. As a Gaspa, he was treated well, however wasn't exactly free. He's lived there ever since and though he fell in love with one of the daughter's for a while and it was very much something he couldn't act upon, he's been happy.
What motivates them?: The idea of freedom and helping others
Sonething they take for granted: Being alone or having the option to be alone, respect
How they show different emotions (happiness, sadness, anger, fear, etc.)*: It really depends on who's around.
Happiness: Around strangers his mouth just twitches upwards and his demeanour brightens up, around friends he will smile the loveliest of smiles because it just feels so genuine and carefree. He enjoys happiness combined with silence and doesn't feel the need to go on about how good things are.
Sadness: He will go even quieter than before, his lower lip may slightly quiver, he will tense up. Around those he trusts he may cry. It's usually best to avoid physical contact.
Anger: He tends to hide his anger and try and take it out on people through pranks but if he trusts you enough to let it out, you're in for a shock. He will rant. That's right, he's actually capable of talking enough to rant. He won't be especially scary body language wise, but the fact that he's spewing so much is legit scary.
Fear: Around people he doesn't trust he'll try to completely hide all emotions, around friends he will shake and beg for an escape.
Death and injury?: Of course
Love interest?: Of course
Other (maybe 3+ facts):
- He is a terrible cook because his meals tend to consist of leaves
- He can be a bit hypercritical, but usually only in his mind
- He's always lived in a desert, so other climates and large bodies of water really freak him out
- He's open to people from other cultures and expects the same from them.