Chapter Five

"Mr Douglas, I'm sorry for asking you to leave, you can have your seat now? I felt you were asking her questions pertaining to her personal life". Mrs Victoria apologized and stared at me.
"Apology Accepted". He replied and sat down.

"So Miss Toni Jade, can you give a full account on what happened before you said you threatened to kill Lucy". He asked and I nodded.

"It was because of ......

Flashback.

"I think you should loosen up a bit". Kemi told me as we walked back to the class after the relay race.
"I just love myself, if the class doesn't value me, it's their fucking problem". I replied.

"And please stop using the word 'fucking', if any of the teachers hear you, you'll be suspended from school". She said and I nodded. "I forgot to tell you, my parents want to send me back to the States". She added and I beamed with Joy, then I suddenly became sad.

"That's nice". I said without smiling and she looked at me and stooped walking.
"Aren't you happy for me?". She asked.
"Of course, I'm happy for you, infact I'm excited but I'm also sad, you're the only friend I was able to make in this school". I answered.

"I'll miss you too, I wish I could tell them I wished to stay but just like you, I want to go to the States". She said and I nodded.
"Lucky you!". I muttered as we walked to the restroom.

I was shocked at what I saw, my school uniform was torn to pieces and dumped on the floor.
"Who could have done this?" She asked.
"Lucy Isidore". I answered.
"How did you know?" She asked.
"It's written on the wall, she wrote her name and called me a bitch". I answered and pointed to the wall.

"I believe that girl is a witch". Kemi said.
"And that's why I'm going to kill her, I'll kill that wrench". I replied angrily and walked to the class". "Lucy". I screamed her name as soon as I entered the class.

"Why are you screaming my name like someone that's suffering from mental disorder?". She asked.
"You're the one who's suffering from mental disorder". I answered and gave her a daring look. "What happened to my school uniform?" I asked her.

"And how am I supposed to know?" She asked back.
"Are you sick?" I asked angrily, "I found my uniform torn in the toilet with your name boldly written on the wall". I added.
"Yes, I tore your uniform, it actually looked like trash so I tore it". She said and the whole class laughed.

I felt embarrassed...

"The next time you do something like this, I swear to God, I'll kill you". I said in frustration.
"Are you threatening me?" She asked.
"Ask Google". I answered rudely and walked out of the class.

End of Flashback.

"Wow, this makes sense, you later killed her right?". Mrs Jemima asked.
"No, I didn't kill her, I could never have killed someone even my own enemy". I answered.
"But you actually threatened that you'll kill her?" Mrs Victoria asked.
"Yes, I did but it was out of anger". I answered.

"Why can't you just admit to it?" Mr Douglas asked.
"She's right, sometimes we say things when we're angry".
"No, she's a murderer, she murdered Miss Lucy Isidore, it should be the headline for tomorrow's newspaper". He said.
"Mr Douglas". All of them called his name in shock.
"Don't you realize that you're taking this too far?" Mrs Victoria asked.

"Taking what too far madam, this girl is responsible for the death of Lucy, it's obvious.". He answered.

Tears tickled in my eyes and I let it roll freely down my cheeks.
"Do you think crying crocodile tears will save you?". He asked and laughed.

"Do you have any evidence that the deceased tore your uniform?" Mrs Victoria asked.
"Kemi Adeshina is my witness, she was there when it all happened but she's traveled out of Nigeria now".

"This meeting has been adjourned". Mrs Victoria said.
The door opened and a junior student walked in. "Good morning ma, a woman with the name Mrs Isidore is here to see you". He said and left immediately.
"That should be Lucy's mom, I wonder what she must be going through, her only child".

She walked in and sat down pretending really hard to smile but she couldn't, she was dull with no expression.
"Good morning Mrs Isidore".
"Good morning".
"She's the girl I told you about, Toni Jade". Mrs Victoria said as she pointed to me.

Mrs Isidore looked at me and hissed, she gave me a bad look.
"My husband wants the police to handle this case already". She said.
"The police?" Everyone was shocked and I closed my eyes like I was blind, once the police takes over the matter, there's no chance I'll be free.

"Yes, I tired discouraging him but he said your school is slow, he said he wants Justice for his daughter". She said.
"Ma'am, please don't destroy my career, please don't take the matter to the police". I pleaded.
"And why shouldn't I?" She asked.
"Please ma'am, just give me 3 weeks, I'll find the killer and bring him to Justice". I answered.

"And why should I believe you?" She asked.
"Mrs Isidore, this is one of my trusted student, she has good grades so believe me, you can give her 3 weeks". Mrs Victoria supported me and I smiled.

"I'll accept it on one condition". She said. "If you don't find the murderer, I'll charge you to court for the murder of my daughter". She said and I looked at Mrs Victoria who beckoned me to accept it.

"Thanks for trusting me". I replied.
"I don't trust you, I trust your principal and that's the only reason I'm letting you do this".

"Thanks ma'am". I appreciated and ran out of the office.
I only had 3 weeks, I had to make a miracle happens.