Chapter Seven

Suddenly, her phone rang from outside the door and she left. I headed a sigh of relief and ran out of the hostel. As soon as I came out, I saw a guy in a black hoodie enter the room. Could he be her murderer? I asked myself.

The letter? I searched my bag and didn't see the letter, I forgot it in the room, I tiptoed to the room and walked in. The person wasn't there again, he was gone, he jumped through the window. I quickly searched for the letter and I couldn't find it, he was here for the letter, he was the murderer.

I quickly left the school compound, who was that guy? My mind drifted to my aunt, how did she find out? Was I being used? She wanted a revenge on my family so she could frame me also. I brought out my phone from my pocket and dialed my mom's number.

"Hello Mom".
"Hi sweetheart, this is the second time you're calling me today, hope there's nothing wrong?". She asked.
"Tout ne va pas" (There's everything wrong). I answered.
"Qu'est-ce qui ne va pas?" (What's wrong?). She asked.

"Why did dad marry you?" I asked and she chuckled.
"Ohh honey, he loved me, he was all over me before we got married, he cared for me". She answered.
"Or you were pregnant with me and he had no choice than to marry you?". I asked and she went silent.

"I knew that bitch was going to tell you". She said with anger reffering to my aunt.
"Do you know that she's into prostitution?" I asked.
"I didn't know, I and your dad plan on coming this week or next to Nigeria". She answered and my heart raced.

"Don't come".
"But why?, We've made all the necessary preparations".
"Mom, I'm in deep trouble, my classmates are trying to frame me for a crime I didn't commit".
"What crime?" She asked.
"Murder". I answered and the line went dead.

I couldn't believe I finally told her, I had to, so this was all the reason for the quarrels my dad had with my mom in France.
I just couldn't trust my aunt, she wasn't someone I should trust, I took a bike to the hospital my school registered with, I wanted to ask the doctor questions.

I walked in and smiled at one of the nurses. "Hey Toni, what are you doing here?" Nurse Titi asked.
"I'm here to see the doctor, I'm having headache". I lied and she quickly let me fill the form. I took the form and walked into the doctor's office.

He looked surprised to see me, "Toni Jade, what a pleasant surprise". He said and I sat down.
"Good Afternoon sir?" I greeted and managed to smile.
"So what brings you here?" He asked as he was uncomfortable that I came to him.

"Yeah, I'm here to talk about Lucy's death". I answered and his eyes widened.
"My priest forbids that we talk about the dead". He said and I smirked.
"And your priest also forbids that an innocent girl is accused of being guilty of a crime she didn't commit". I reminded.

"What do you want?". He asked.
"I want to know everything, you consulted some search on the deceased".

"Yes, I did". He answered.
"What happened? Was she raped before her death?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"Please leave my office, you wouldn't want me to hand it over to the securities and tell them to throw you out". He answered.

His phone rang and he looked at me, then he looked back at this phone and went outside to receive the call.
I quickly searched his table, I saw the deceased file on his table so I opened it and saw some test reports.

"Raped". It was written at the end of the paper. Who could have raped her? This makes sense now, the murdered raped her and later killed her from exposing his crime.

I quickly arranged the file back but took out the documents and hid it in my pocket, I went out and mistakenly the doctor.
"Where are you going?. He asked.
"I have to be at home by 11, my aunt is attending a birthday party and the celebrant has also invited me, I have to prepare". I lied and he nodded.

"Okay, that's fine, you can be on your way now?". He replied and I walked out of the hospital and took a bike home. The whole house was tidy, my aunt was cleaning the television set, I just looked in shock, since when did  she become this neat.

"Aunt, you're really arranging the house, that's thoughtful of you". I said.
"I'm not arranging the house because of you, my visitor will be in three minutes and I want you to hang out with your friends". She said and managed to smile.

"A client or a friend?". I asked
"Friend". She answered
"That's nice".

"I want to meet your new male friend". .
"And why is that?" She asked.
"I don't see it as a good idea to keep a male friend, won't you get married". I answered.

"Go to your room, baby girl, Mama's busy". She said.
"I'm not your baby girl". I replied and walked into my room, I fell on the bed and brought out the documents from my bag.

I could understand everything now but I was still not sure. Lucy was either raped or murdered to death.

"I wish Lucy hadn't died, I would have looked to talk to her and let us settle our differences but it never happened". I thought.

My mind drifted to my aunt again, how did she know, there was no possible way she could have known but she found out because someone told her.....

I just laid down on the bed and rested my head on my pillow comfortably. I didn't even knows when I fell into the arms of sleep.

To be continued
Don't forget to vote and comment
Also add this book to your reading list so you can read it anytime.