Chapter Sixteen

He dropped his hands immediately, maybe he remembered something, he must have realized what would happen if he slapped my dad back.
"Sir, you have no right to slap one of our teachers?" Mrs Victoria said sternly.

"Do you have a child?" My father asked with anger. Mrs Victoria couldn't answer the question, she stared at my dad and then looked at me.
"And why should I tell you my private life history?" She asked.
"I don't think you have a child, you would have felt for my daughter". Dad replied.
"Let's go". Mom ordered and we walked out of the office back to the car. "That bastard, he's such a fool". Dad retorted.

"Dad, you need to calm down, it's alright, I promise you that I won't go to jail." I said and he managed to fake a smile, I knew the smile wasn't genuine.
"Let's go to a nearby cafeteria, I'm starving, I miss France a lot together with all those wonderful meals.
Dad stopped in front of a big cafeteria and parked his car. We came down from the car and walked into the cafeteria, I secured somewhere for my parents to eat as they went to place their orders.

I sat and watched them, my dad tickled my mom and she laughed excitedly.
My parents brought the tray of food to the table and they say down.
"Honey". Mom said softly as she smiled at me. "Everything's going to be fine". She said.

"We don't speak French again". I reminded her and she chuckled, she let out a sigh.
"I don't want you to be carried away by speaking French and forget that you are in Nigeria". She replied and I nodded.

We hurriedly ate and my dad paid for the meal. We walked out of the door and entered the car.
"Who was the person who called you earlier?" My dad asked as he started the car's engine and began driving.
I pretended not to know but I knew he was talking about Charles.

"Someone called me?". I asked.
"Yeah, someone called you, who called?".
"It was my classmate, he had some information that would probably help me find the murderers".
"He did?". My dad asked.
"Yeah, it seems that Aunt Lillian and Mr Douglas are the murderers". I answered.
"I don't believe that Lillian can be aware of the murder, she's my sister and my mom didn't raise us to be murderers". Mom said.
"And she didn't raise her to be a prostitute either". I fired back.

"I know she was a prostitute".
"And you let me stay in her house?". I asked annoyed.
"I'm sorry".
"Didn't you think that I might become like her, she might influence me, didn't that cross your mind?''. I asked.
"We're sorry". Dad replied as he drove into our compound.

I got out of the car and walked into the house, I grabbed my phone from the chair and walked into my room. She just have probably rented this house because that was the only best thing to do.
I was sure that Mr Douglas won't stop until he has successfully sent me to jail and my parents won't be able to bail me.

The thought of the policeman who wanted to sleep with me disgusted me. I didn't want to go back to jail. I had to do something if not I might end up in jail.

I knew that if I went to Mr Douglas house, I would certainly find evidence but he stays in the staff's quarters which might be a little difficult for me to infiltrate.

I had to do this, if not, my life would be ruined for ever. I knew I had to prepare. I brought out my small purse and placed it on the bed. I ran to the kitchen and took a small knife from the tray. I ran to my room with the knife and put it in my purse.
I let out a sigh and laid on the bed, it was getting dark and I needed a lot of sleep to help me.

I stared at the ceiling and smiled. I fell into the arms of sleep immediately.

I woke up the next morning already late for school. I didn't have to go to school but I had to find some evidence.
I quickly had my bath after brushing my teeth. I wore my school uniform and looked at myself in the mirror. I walked out of my room after carrying my bag which contained my small purse.

"What are you doing in your school uniform?". Dad asked.
"I'm going to school".
"Wait, you can't go to school, the murderers might be after your life, they might be in the school".
"That's why I have to go, if I stay here and do nothing, I will go to jail for a crime I didn't commit".
"Let me drive you to school". Dad said.
"You don't have to".
"I insist". He replied grabbing his car keys from the table, he stood up and we walked out.

"Where's Mom?". I asked.
"She went to the market to get foodstuffs". He answered as I got into the car. He started the car's engine and drove off.

"Honey". He called out softly.
"Yes dad".
"I want you to be safe, I want you to be strong, I want you to be able to stand up for the people you love". He said and I nodded. "I also want you to be strong because the battle you have ahead of you is a tough one". He added and I smiled.

"Dad, you don't have to worry, I'll make sure everyone of them pays for their crime".
"Those criminals don't fear the law".
"Well, they should". I replied and walked into the school compound. I went straight to the class and sat down on the chair. There was no student in the class, maybe they had gone to meet the school's principal. I stood up and paced round the class. I quickly took my small purse and slide it in my pocket.

I walked out of the class and walked to the staff's quarters. I was ready to find the evidence in his house.

To be continued
What do you think? Let's just hope she succeeds!
Don't forget to vote and comment