04

Keith is crazy enough to go on a second date and a third and a fourth. And soon enough he doesn't get nervous when her name pops up on his screen. They're slowly becoming comfortable around each other, and Jess makes the first step by inviting Keith over her place for dinner.

At first, Keith wanted to say no. It was too much of a jump forward and he wasn't sure if he was ready. Dari said he was making excuses and he needed to stop being a "pussy bitch". Either way, he ended saying yes anyways and now he was sitting on her couch with a bottle of wine in hand.

"Are we going to open that wine or are you going to hold it in your hands?" Jess said as she turned the corner into her living room. She held two wine glasses in her hands with a mischievous smile on her face.

"I was waiting for you!" Keith defended himself, but Jess giggled and sat next to him.

"Thank you." She waited as he opened the bottle and poured generously into both cups. Their bodies leaned close together, close enough where Jess could count the freckles on his cheeks and hear how he held his breath while pouring the wine. Keith set the bottle on the table, took his cup from Jess, and leaned back onto the couch.

"This couch is comfortable as hell. Where did you buy it?" He said after his first sip.

Jess relaxed a bit too. "It was a gift."
Keith nearly choked. "Gift? Who loves you enough to buy you a cozy ass couch? What did you do?"

Jess giggled. "My friend. We've been best friends since the beginning of time. And I didn't do nothing, she just gifted me with this couch. I bet you have something like that in your house."

She prodded him with her nail. Keith threw his head back. "Okay, maybe I might get gifts, but not a whole couch. My cousin bought me a macbook when I was starting college. That was the nicest gift I ever got."

Jess poured herself another glass. "Really? A macbook? Not bad."

"Not bad? It isn't a couch, that's for sure." Keith shook his head and finished his glass.

"I was actually thinking of selling it. I kinda want to redesign this living room, you know. Change the colors up a little. Maybe get a nice scheme going on in here. What do you think?"

As she spoke, Keith watched her lips move. He began to realize how close he was to her and how pretty she was. When she stopped speaking, Keith rushed to find something to say.

"I, uh, you have a nice thing going on. And the couch is, um, nice."

Jess smiled at the redness of his cheeks. "You're cute. Can I kiss you?"

Keith blinked several times. Was it the wine that made her so bold? Before he could wrap his mind around what was going on, Jess had already set her glass on the table and was leaning toward him.

"Well?"

"Yes. Please."

Jess didn't waste time. She sealed their lips together and placed her palm on his cheek. Keith found himself biting her bottom lip with his hands on her hips. Jess moaned a bit and pulled away to catch her breath.

"Wow."

"Wow?" Keith chuckled a bit.

"Mmh. Yeah, yeah, I think we should dance."

Keith leaned back a bit. "Dance?" He couldn't help the laugh that came out. "You want us to dance? With no music playing. In your house?"

Jess nodded and stood up. "Are you going to join me or leave me hanging?"

Keith stood up and placed his hands on her waist. Jess wrapped her hands around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder. They swayed quietly with no music playing. Only their heartbeats and soft breathing.

"Jess?" Keith was the first to break the silence.

"Yes?"

"I'm gonna kiss you."

"Okay."

Picking her chin up, Keith pressed their lips together.