12

A year. 12 months. 365 days.

Jess and Keith made it through the first year of their relationship. They had their laughs, their tears, and their in-between moments. Now, it had come full circle, Jess was standing in the cafe where they first met.

"Hi, welcome to Kameron's Cafe. How can I help you?" Keith couldn't hide the dumb smile on his face.

"Hi, may I have a medium mocha with whipped cream?"

Dari interjected. "And this time, he's not too starstruck to say something." The trio laughed.

"When is your shift over?"

"Do you mean my very last shift at Kameron's Cafe because Keith Powers is going back to school?"

Jess chuckled a bit. "Yes, I mean your last shift."

Keith wiped his hands on his apron. "Well that ends in ten minutes if you wanna wait for me." He passed her drink to her.

Jess nodded. "I'll be in the car."

When she left, Keith let out a sigh. "Would it be too corny to say how lucky I am?"

Dari gave a dramatic groan. "It would be corny, but I don't mind because you guys are cute. Anything planned for the anniversary?"

Keith hummed. "Yup. Cole is filling our apartment with chocolate right now. We have a dinner reservation, and I got her a necklace with her birthstone. Then, when we get home, I'm thinking some wine and-"

"Okay, okay. That's enough. I don't need to hear about your freaky plans. You can keep all of that." Dari made a face.

"This is the first time I've felt like this. Like I want to spend every moment with someone. Like I want to wake up and go to bed with her. I think about her when we're apart and even when we're together sometimes. I miss her all the time"

"Sounds separation anxiety." Dari mumbled under her breath. "Or love." She added when Keith gave her a look. "Definitely love."

As she spoke, Keith took off his hat and apron. He folded the two and handed them back to her. "I'll see you around, Dari."

She looked at him. "Don't be a stranger Keith."

"I'll always make time." He promised. With that, he went out the doors.