chapter 7

Shikamaru turned and looked in the direction the snow storm was headed. Temari was right. Right towards them. His eyes widened and he grabbed Temari's hand. "Run!" He pulled her up hill hoping they could get some cover in the mountain.

She ran with him, struggling to keep up. Soon she saw a cave and pointed to it. "Over there!" She says, starting to run towards it.

Shikamaru spotted the cave, just across a flat piece of land. He turned on his heels and headed into the direction. He took a large step forward and immediately heard and crack. The sound causing his heart to race. He tried to move away but before he knew it he was letting go of Temari and falling into the freezing waters of the hidden pond.

"Shika!" She screamed, unsure of what do. She looked back at the storm and then into the water, trying to see if Shikamaru was moving. She started to use her chakra to keep her body warm. She needed to be ready in case Shikamaru wasn't moving.

Shikamaru sunk into the dark depths of the pond. Almost going unconscious his eyes opened and his body started to move. He put every effort into kicking and moving his arms, but he could feel himself going numb every second he was in the water. When he reached the top he was met with a solid sheet of ice and the hole he had entered through was nowhere to be seen.

Temari jumps into the water, holding her breath. She could see him and started swimming quickly towards Shikamaru. She grabbed him and used a kuni to break the ice, getting Shikamaru onto the ice.

Shikamaru gasped for air as Temari pulled him up. He breathed heavily and shivered. His whole body had begun to turn purple. "T-t-thanks.." He looked at her greatfully.

"Qu-quick! We need to get to the cave..." She says climbing out of the water. She could barely get herself out of the water.

Shikamaru slowly got up, but it was as fast as he could go. He ran towards the entrance to the cave. With every step he took he felt his body become heavier. His wet clothes now weighed him down but he did his best. Once he reached the cave he looked back to make sure Temari was behind him before collapsing into the ground.

Temari was barely able to keep up. She made it into the cave just as the snow storm hit closer to them. She fell down into the cave, shivering more. Her vision started to get blurry.

"T-Temari, we need.. to m-make a fire.." Shikamaru shivered, his teeth chattering. He got up and began taking off his clothes. If he hadn't just fallen into water then maybe he'd care more but right now he didn't. He had to get rid of his clothes.

Temari moved some, trying to get up but ended up passing out. Her breath was shaky, and her clothes were freezing to her body.