Chapter One

(~The Beginning~)

It was a quiet, standard day. Until an ancient portal was reopened sending two individuals each whom represented Freeedom, Light. To a hidden world called Wasureta. (Japanese for Forgotten)

A place where years ago those of all abilities shared before they separated. And now because of one foolish act of curiosity they would be reunited once again. Thus these two individuals appeared in this hidden world with no way out.

Mumbo was waking up. He hadn't processed that he had even been unconscious. "Well.. Curiosity nearly killed the cat I suppose." He told himself.

Not far away from him, Grian sat up and rubbed the back of his head a bit. "W-what....Where's the open skies."

Mumbo hummed, looking at his surroundings before his eyes fell upon Grian. "You have wings" He spoke.

Grian looked over and tucked his wings away. "Yeah...so what..." He didn't seem to be particularly happy about their situation.

"It is just very different." Mumbo said, having never seen anyone of Grian's kind before.

"To a land dweller I bet it is." Grian retorted. He was a bit rude.

Mumbo huffed. "How rude" He was offended, yet intrigued by the smaller male.

"Well what on earth are you supposed to be. You got no wings." Grian pointed out. Mumbo didn't seem to have any outstanding features that gave his ability away.

Mumbo sighed. "We are different." He retorted, yet not wanting to give ability away. Surely, Grian would become more angry if he discovered that Mumbo had been messing with an ancient portal that sent them there.

"Very different." Grian responded in agreement.

"So you have a special ability?" Grian asked being curious despite resenting the taller male at the moment.

"Well..." Mumbo stared down at the ground as Grian took a step closer to him.

He then fidgeted and looked back up. "It's not important."

Grian shrugged. "Well I don't know about you, but I am not sticking around for night to come. We don't know what kind of creatures are out here."

He then spread his wings.

"Wait!" Mumbo frowned.

"What? I wanna live to make it back home." He responded in annoyance.

"But we should stick together" As much as the other male resented him, it was best for them to stick together to stay alive. Mumbo knew that.

"I ain't sticking with a land dweller. You are on your own!" He then flew off.

Its a bit short for the first chapter! Hopefully they will be posted in twos.

See ya in the next one!
-Ary

(Word Count: 432 words)