Chapter Nine

(Previously: "Your lover may not be mad but we are furious with you, Xelqua." Thorium spoke up.)

Grian turned to Thorium and Iris as he glared at them. "I don't care what you think! I have my reasons for leaving!"

Iris crossed her arms. "And what would that be. You put an entire world endanger because of your childish games for a mortal!" She argued.

Grian clenched his fists. "That's the thing! I don't care about this world! I don't care to watch people and be alone! I need friends! I need Mumbo!" He teared up a bit as Mumbo held his hand.

Mumbo had slowly been falling for Grian during their time in this world. "Grian.."

Grian looked at Mumbo as he tried not to cry. "I....I wanna leave....I don't want to be a watcher..."

Silence filled the room for what seemed like a thousand years ad Thorium's anger grew.

At last he stood, glaring at the both. "So be it, but you only have yourself to blame if anything bad happens."

Thorium then transported Mumbo and Grian back to the world they had come from.

Mumbo stumbled out of the transportation and went on his hands and knees to regain balance. He was home.

But where was Grian?

He looked around before spotting the young watcher sitting beside him in the grass as he had his knees tucked up into his chest.

Grian was crying.

Mumbo frowned and slowly went over to him. "Grian? Are you alright?" He asked.

Grian didn't answer, instead he hugged Mumbo tightly causing him to become a bit startled.

Mumbo didn't know what to do and hesitantly rubbed Grian's back. "Hey....its okay...."

The younger male wouldn't respond though.

Mumbo sighed and had him stand. "Let's go to my house okay?" He said as Grian nodded before following him.

Once inside Mumbo's home Grian didn't open up like he thought he would. Instead Grian curled up in Mumbo's bed and tried to force himself to sleep.

Why was Grian so unhappy.

He was away from the watchers and that's what he wanted.

Wasn't it?

(~Dawn~)

Mumbo sighed as he stared up at the ceiling.

Grian was asleep beside him, yet Mumbo never got a single wink of sleep.

He couldn't help thinking about with Thorium had said. Was there some kind of meaning to it?

Maybe he was just thinking too much.

Mumbo combed his fingers through his messy bed ridden hair as he felt the bed shift with movement.

The other male beside him was waking up.

Grian had woken up now as he was looking at Mumbo.

Mumbo was still staring up at the ceiling as he was lost in thought.

Grian giggled and poked Mumbo a bit.

"Hmn?" Mumbo hummed and looked over at Grian.

"Mumbo~" Grian chirped in delight.

"Yeah?" Mumbo responded in confusion.

"Good Morning~" Grian smiled happily.

"Morning." Mumbo said in pure confusion. How was Grian so happy.

He had been crying less than 24 hours ago.

Grian then slipped his mask off before kissing him.

Mumbo was completely caught off guard as he blushed bright red. He didn't know what to do. So he kissed him back.

Grian then pulled away after a moment. "There! I had a dream I should do that!"

Mumbo blushed even more if that was even possible. Grian was in a good mood and kissed him because of a dream?

"You did??" He asked as Grian nodded.

"Now! Show me around your world please!" He said.

"H-Huh?" Mumbo was lost. Hadn't Grian been here before?

"What do you do during the day! Show me everything!" Grian got up.

That's right.

The barrier.

It separated their world and Grian had never been in Mumbo's half until today.

Mumbo chuckled and got up. "Trust me... My life is not very full of excitement."

"I bet it is!" Grian smiled. Being ready to learn anything.

Anything about the technology side of the world.

End of chapter 9! This one is a little more rushed but hopefully furture chapters will go smoother!

See ya in the next one!
-Ary
(Word Count: 691 words)