Chapter Seven

(Previously: "Grian....what's wrong?")

Grian looked up at Mumbo slightly. "I....I cannot take being here. Their magic is just draining everything from me...." He told him.

"Oh no. I am sorry. I didn't realize..." Mumbo tried to apologize.

"I...it's okay....it isn't your fault...." Grian smiled a bit.

"Well what can I do to help?" He asked.

"I....I dunno....I cannot fly anymore.....b-but you can't go looking for Xelqua....." Grian told him.

Mumbo frowned as Iris came back with the painting.

"It'll be like looking for a needle in a hay stack that is never ending....even if you do find him....he probably doesn't wanna come back.....watchers never fall in love or marry anyone....they are just always alone...." Grian explained.

"Don't talk like that..." He was beginning to become upset.

"Mumbo.....it's true....you know that.." Grian mumbled a tiny bit.

"Grian..." Mumbo teared up.

Grian looked down at the ground.

"Is everything alright?" Thorium asked.

"H-Huh?" Mumbo looked at Thorium.

"You two have been talking for a while now....Iris has the painting." He told him.

Mumbo looked a bit embarrassed. "Grian is... feeling rather drained here"

Thorium hummed. "He's a flying type, correct?"

"Makes sense. One of the reasons they all left was our magic was beginning to kill all the flying kinds in this world due to it being unstable without a third." Iris pointed out.

"Oh..." Mumbo frowned a little. He sighed. "S... So.."

"Come see the painting. It will take us till sunset to retrieve the mask and hand it off to you. That's when you will go." Thorium told him.

Mumbo bit his lip but nodded. He went to the painting.

Thorium hummed and watched along with Iris.

Mumbo looked at it, wondering what the third would look like.

The third watcher, Xelqua was rather short compared to the other two watchers and young as he seemed to have one outstanding feature besides his watcher wear and that was his hair. It was a dark brown fluffy mess.

"Hmm..." Mumbo took his time examining the painting. He was trying to take in every detail.

Xelqua didn't look to be very happy in that painting. There was one other thing that stood out. There was a note in his hand that was barely visible behind his back. He had written something. Probably to the watchers.

"There is a note in his hand... how curious" Mumbo said.

Iris hummed. "How interesting. This painting was created before he left us and created the imbalance. He does have a room here within this tower that you can check out."

"Yes. It could give me clues. Take me to it, please" Mumbo responded.

Thorium lead Mumbo to Xelqua's room.

Mumbo followed quickly, thinking.

"This was his room. We have not been in it since he left." He told Mumbo.

Mumbo hesitated to go inside. He bit his lip.

Thorium left him alone.

Mumbo slowly went into the room.

The room was well organized and tidy, besides some dust and dirt. There was a bed, bookcase, and a desk with a lot of pages of writing as some were stuck to the wall.

"Hmm..." He looked through the desk.

There were tons of written pages about him not wanting to be there. How he hated watching others laugh and have fun while he was alone. The weirdest thing was there was a drawing of Grian's wings there. They seemed to be the wings Xelqua wished he had.

"Hm... That is odd..." Mumbo noted it, checking for any other clues.

Xelqua had written that he had tested traveling to other worlds before and what he imagined to look like in those worlds came true, but he would struggle to remember things when he came back so he had write it down. He said that he had once looked at his appearance. His hair went to more of a dirty blonde color and his eyes became blue in the mortal world. He was free to not be a watcher and call himself another name.

The final note on his desk was all about going with Mumbo to the other world and hoping that they would remember each other on the other side. As he had written down the name he chose to go by and hidden his mask in one of the books within his bookcase.

Mumbo bit his lip. He looked through the bookcase.

His mask was there in the last book on the bookcase.

Mumbo touched it, curiously.

Xelqua's mask looked just like the other ones but it was full of energy. He must have put his magic in there before leaving.

"How very odd..." Mumbo then looked back at the final note for a name.

Xelqua's mortal name was Grian.

End of chapter seven. Grian is a watcher! I wonder if someone will guess it by the time the chapter comes out?

See ya in the next one!
-Ary

(Word Count: 833 words)