42

"These puppet strings
They choke my dreams"

- Layto

_______________________________________

"Hoseok! Just give up! We'll only drag you down!" You yelled while hugging Hyungwon, who was still unconscious, closer to you and watched as the lucky hero tried to open up your cell.

"I never give up! Especially on you, Y/N!" He said while rattling the cell doors to open.

He was lucky to have escaped his cell but his powers didn't help you to escape yours. That's how they worked, unfortunately.

"Even if we do get out of here, Won can't even run with us!" There was no way you were going to leave the poor boy here in Phantom's sight where he could potentially die.

The Protector banged on the bars once more, getting more frustrated by the second.

If there was just some way... that I can just... share my luck..., he sighed before leaning his head on the cold bars.

Suddenly, you felt a burst of happiness come from within... like something had just been lifted from your shoulders.

Not long after did you hear the cell bars open, making the lucky hero jump back in surprise.

"How in the luck Gods..." it had made no sense. His powers only worked for himself, never for others.

"...did... you do that?" You asked, unsure of what just happened as well.

Shaking his head, he decided that find out how it was possible wasn't important right now and that he needed to get you guys out of here.

"Come on! Let's get out of here!" He rushed over to pick up the unconscious boy and with your help, you placed Hyungwon on his back.

"Wait, how do we get out of here!? All the paths have collapsed!" You exclaimed after leaving the cell and noticing that there was no way out.

Hoseok bit his lip in thought, looking around to see if there was anything that could help him until a swishing noise filled the damp cellar.

The both of you looked towards the other end of the hallway to see the walls reforming themselves and slowly making a path out.

"Phantom..." the lucky hero whispered out in slight fear.

However, instead of seeing the honey blonde hair that would belong to Jay, rose coloured hair showed itself instead before the rest of the person was revealed.

"...Felix?!"

"Quick! Run through!" The both of you were hesitant, unsure if you should trust the villain who had refused to help you to come down.

"...hurry! Phantom is on his way!" After a few seconds, you came to the conclusion that you had no other choice but to listen to the doctor as you ran along with Hoseok who carried Hyungwon towards the older.

Inside the tunnel like path was a staircase that was leading back up to- wherever it lead.

It had felt like you were running up those stairs for hours but thankfully, you had reached the top.

The tunnel had made you all end up in a familiar room of books.

Portal guy's room...

"You guys need to leave before Phantom realises that you're gone" Felix panted out before gesturing for someone to come out of hiding.