Chapter 1. The silence

There was one student at Aoba Johsai, who made all heads turn as soon as he stepped in a room. He made every girl imagine his beautiful face, which seemed as if it had been sculpted by Gods and every boy boil with jealousy and envy, due to his dazzling presence.
Oikawa Tooru.
His name made everyone wonder who he was, although most people could already identify him.
His ideal, impeccable features, as well as his cheerful personality made him quiet famous and, even though he was impressively handsome, many associated him with his exceptional, out of the ordinary, volleyball skills.
The Grand King, was what some called him.
The Grand King was, who he would become on the other side of the court, the instant the game would start.
There was one more student at Seijoh, who got close to him.
Her name was (L/n) (Y/n).
She, as well, was blessed with immense beauty, making every male gaze at her, leaving them stunned as they did so and making every female roll their eyes, trying not to sound envious, when someone mentioned the beautiful girls name.
The (s/c) splendor was also an surprisingly amazing volleyball player, she was the captain of the female team and gifted with extraordinary, uncommon talent, when it came to the sport.
They were both setters, their abilities making everyone gasp at their games. Whenever there would be a match, both of them did not come to play or to waste their precious time.
If the handsome male was the King, she would surely have been the Queen.
Both were perfect and everyone knew that, they were made for each other.
Hardworking, cunning, generous, tempting and seductive.
And although they were so similar, they never talked to each other.
They were so similar yet so different.
Different yet the same.

"(N/n) are you coming?", asked Maeri, one of (Y/n) best friends and her teammate, standing beside an annoyed Iwaizumi.

"On my way!", the spoken to smiled, walking towards them. The beauty was very close to Iwaizumi, which was surprising to many. The students thought that she would surely become friends with Seijoh'a most popular student, too, once she started to get closer to his best friend, yet they were proven wrong, when the two attractive teens, still, didn't talk to one another.

"Oi, Shittykawa, are you coming, too?", Iwaizumi made the two girls look in one direction, noticing the handsome male.

"Ah, Iwa-chan, don't be so pissed.", he whined, while joining the three. (Y/n) tensed up, the moment she saw him. It wasn't like she didn't like him, she just thought that he would not like her. He would always talk to all the other players in her team but exclude her. She didn't understand, she was a captain and a setter, they had much more in common, why wouldn't he talk to her?
It was a question she often dealt with, she had done nothing wrong.
Why would she, the wonderful, beauteous Queen, all and everyone envied not be his friend.
Why would he, the handsome, magnificent King, everyone craved, including her, not talk to her?

"Shut up, I'm not in the mood.", Iwaizumi eyed the setter, making him shy away.

"Oh Iwa-chan, you're never in the mood.", he sighed, smiling at Maeki and ignoring the other girl. The dark haired ace noticed and put an arm around (Y/n), startling her at first, before she relaxed.

"Captain, are you hyped for practice?", he asked her, calling her by a nickname.

"Yes.", (Y/n) and Oikawa replied, looking at each other after the words were spoken.

"Oi, Shittykawa the world doesn't revolve around you, I was talking to (L/n)", Iwaizumi complained, noticing the sad look an the girl's face until he moved her closer.
"Don't be sad about that stupid, whiny Oikawa.", he whispered, making her smile at the insults. Iwaizumi and Oikawa continued bickering until they arrived at the male gym.

"Captain, Maeki, we're practicing with the boys today!", Suki, the Libero said, making (Y/n) roll her (e/c) eyes. What else could go wrong now?! She thought, now being more annoyed than excited for practice. The four of them nodded, ready to change their clothes.

"Captains come here for a second.", the coaches called out, the two that were meant walked towards them, confusion written on their faces. "We're going to play a trainings match, both of you should pay attention to what your teammates and you could improve. At the end, (L/n) and you, Oikawa, will both give some advice to the opponent team, telling them what to improve and such. And yourselves, too, since you're both setters.", the male coach explained.
They nodded, walking to the changing rooms. I'm going to show that shitty Oikawa, who he shouldn't ignore. (Y/n) thought, finally feeling good about practice again and running around the corner, where she collided with an muscular, warm chest. Her force made the person stumble back, nearly falling down, if it hadn't been for the wall, which supported both.

"I'm so so-", she started apologizing, until she noticed the fluffy hazel hair. Great. He looked at her, his gaze showing no empathy what so ever.

"It's okay.", he replied coldly, pushing her slightly away. She on the other hand wasn't prepared for that cold behavior, even less for the push that came as a surprise. The force made her petit body trip back, ready to meet the ground if it hadn't been for the muscular arm, that caught her.

"Wow!", she managed to cry out, a little annoyed at his actions, but as soon as she felt his warm arm around her waist, her anger vanished.

"Oh my, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to.", he looked at her, this time a his voice was softer, although the warmth (Y/n) experienced disappeared as soon as it had come. The male left after his apology, his heart loudly beating against his chest, making him shake his head, trying to get the feeling out of his confused mind.
She was left standing there, watching him leave, her heart hammering strongly, much to her dismay. I thought I didn't like him anymore. She sighed slowly walking towards the practice.

"Start!", they heard when the game started, with the Grand King's killer serve. The female setter had heard a lot about his serve, the moment she saw it her eyes widened. It was so powerful, the force making the female libero fall down, although she tried to receive it. It was silent, but the fangirl screams brought (Y/n) back to the reality.
It was an intense game, the beauty's tosses being as precise and sharp as someone Oikawa knew and hated.
Kageyama Tobio.
At the end of the game the Grand King's perfect serve didn't let his team down, making them win and (Y/n) whine with anger, she did not want to loose to Oikawa. Her fanboys cried out as well, although the compliments didn't stop.
Her anger didn't go unnoticed by Oikawa, he smirked satisfied.
She sighed, trying to control her rage and to give some helpful advice to the male's volleyball team.

"Iwa-chan!", she called out, getting the Ace's attention as well as the male setters attention. Oikawa looked at her, for a moment forgetting where he was and astonished by her beauty. He was curious as to what she would tell Iwaizumi regarding his improvements. And for that very moment he felt as if the (h/c) maiden was meant to be with him, seeing her so happy to be with Iwaizumi and her passion for volleyball. For that moment he felt a spark.
"You don't have to improve anything!", she smiled at the dark haired male, gaining a grin from him and a playful punch on her arm.

"You're the best, (N/n)!", he told her. Everyone was packing up their things and the team and the fans were ready to leave the gym, everyone but Oikawa, (Y/n) and Iwaizumi.

"Oikawa, (L/n), did you give yourselves some advice?", the coaches asked the two captains, earning a "no", from them. "Then, what are you waiting for?", the two nodded, not ready to face each other. They waited some more time and it wasn't until the coaches were gone, that the (s/c) splendor walked towards the gracious King.

"Oikawa-san?", she asked, making him look at her, his usually warm, shining eyes, now cold and dark.

"Hn?", he wanted her to continue.

"Do you have any advice from me?", she gulped, hoping that they would finally have a good conversation, but Oikawa ignored her, turning around and not saying anything. (Y/n) felt as if her pride had been soiled and she felt insanely furious. "Fine then! Don't fucking talk to me!", she yelled, pushing him and walking away, in her mind were numerous other things she could have said, some insults, yet she couldn't bring herself to say something mean about him.

"What the fuck was that?", screamed Iwaizumi, walking towards his friend. "Why are you like that, Shittykawa?!", he shouted.

"I just don't want it to end the way it did with Tobio-chan."

And that was how their story begun.