Chapter 3. Kageyama Tobio

(Y/n) didn't understand what Oikawa had meant. She didn't know who that 'Tobio-chan', he had mentioned, was. More importantly she didn't comprehend why the handsome teen would hate her, when it was about this so called Tobio.
She figured out that she would ask Iwaizumi about all that fiasco.

"Iwa-chan.", she called out the next day at school. Iwaizumi smiled at her, but before he could say anything he got interrupted. "Who is Tobio-chan?", the spoken to was taken aback. Tobio-chan? He thought. Kageyama.

"How do you know him?", he asked instead of answering.

"Oikawa mentioned something about him and me being the same.", (Y/n) sighed, showing more and more interest in the weird comparison. Iwaizumi had a puzzled expression on his face, wondering about why Oikawa thought them as similar.

"Well, he's Kagayama Tobio. He's Karasunos setter and he learned a lot from that stupid Oikawa. We went to the same junior high.", he explained. "But I don't understand, you aren't similar."

"Does Oikawa not like him?", she asked him, taking him back.

"It's... it's complicated.", Iwaizumi thought about (Y/n) and Kageyama being the same, but they weren't alike, they just- and that was when his eyes widened. He began running to find his childhood friend, thinking that he had finally found out why he hated the beautiful girl. "Oi, stupid Oikawa!", he called out, getting his attention.

"Iwa-chan, what's wrong?", Iwaizumi starred at him, waiting for everyone to leave them alone, which they eventually did. It was silent and the handsome boy was slowly starting to worry.

"Do you hate (Y/n) because she is like Kageyama?", Oikawas hazel eyes widened in shock, comprehending the words his childhood friend had just said. He looked at Iwaizumi and shook his head, making him groan with anger and annoyance. "Do you hate her because she's gifted!?", he yelled, the brunette gulped hard.

"You wouldn't understand.", was all he responded. Iwaizumis rage grew bigger.

"Listen, Trashikawa, I'm trying to help you. (Y/n) is one of my best friends and I don't want that a dumbass, like you, hurts her, understand?", he shouted, making the other male flinch. "Now tell me!"

"It's not because of her talent, it's because of Tobio-chan. I'm afraid.", Oikawa confessed, whereas Iwaizumi tried to understand.
It was a dumb reason. The Grand King was aware of the fact, that it was dumb yet he couldn't give in. He did know, that the splending grace, (L/n) (Y/n), was the perfect girl for him.
He hated the fact that it seemed like she was meant to be with him, as if it was destiny. Her out of the ordinary, uncommon volleyball talent didn't scare him, he wasn't jealous. He understood that she was as gifted as Kageyama, therefore would surpass his skills anytime.
How did he deserve that? He was so hardworking, he dedicated himself to the sport, never giving up and practicing until it resulted in hurting himself. Nothless, all the wounds, the injuries, all the bruises, didn't matter to him, volleyball was his passion and he would do everything to improve. He would stop at nothing and nothing would prevent him from establishing his goal.
So why was he, the courteous, cunning, ambitious Grand King, cursed with the Ordinary.
Nobody knew.
Even though the (h/c) beauty was blessed with her talent, he did not hate her, he just feared the future. Whenever he was around her, he remembered that one time he was about to hit Kageyama, it scared him.
He knew that that it had been long ago and that he had grown, he had his emotions under control, yet the thought of the (s/c) shining enchantress being afraid of him still haunted him and he was in no favor of letting that filthy imagine become reality.

If only he had known that his actions had hurt her, he would have changed earlier.