Chapter 5. The team

The night after Oikawa had accompanied her home, (Y/n) couldn't sleep, her mind was filled with thoughts regarding the setter. She did feel something that night and she wondered what made him change all of a sudden.
Apparently her dreams were so wonderful that she had woken up late the next morning. She cursed, while running to school, thinking about a good excuse or something she could tell the teacher to not get in trouble. Finally arriving at school, she kept running towards her classroom, ready to turn left, when Oikawa showed up.
He was running, too, and as he appeared behind the corner, the girl yellped in surprise. She tried to stop running, the sudden stop making her lose her balance, making her bump into him. It wasn't as soft as she expected, given that the boy couldn't stop running in time, therefore running fully into her, nearly making her fall, if it wasn't for his strong arms providing it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Are you okay, (Y/n)-chan?", his angelic voice made her look up, hazel eyes taking her off guard and making a blush spread on her cheeks. The unexpected warmth coming from his muscular chest, aswell as from his arms, took her by surprise. As she didn't respond, Oikawa brought her closer, analyzing her red face. His closeness making even more heat expend on her face.

"I'm okay! I'm okay!", was all she managed to bring out, avoiding his worried eyes.

"Are you late, too?", he asked, not letting go of her.

"Yes, I guess I was just really tired after yesterday. It was too late.", she let out a yawn, making the boy smile.

"Me too.", she laughed at what he had said. She regained her balance, although his arms were still around her. "Let's go.", both made their way to the class, knocking at the door as they arrived at the classroom.
All students were staring at them, it had been the first time that they had seen Aoba Johsai's so-called handsome, yet attractive King and Seijoh's gorgeous splendor, or their reputed Queen, together. Once they were seen together, everyone began whispering and both of the popular students rolled their eyes, as they sat down after a short apology to the teacher.

"So, you looked like a really fricking good looking couple!", Suki, the libero, told the girl on their break.

"But like really good looking!", Maeki agreed, making (Y/n) smile. "Did you make up? Do you know why he was so weird to you?"

"No", the spoken to shook her head. "He gets kinda irritated, but we did talk yesterday! He walked me home!", she graciously flipped her (h/c) hair, as the two teammates squealed.

"Like just the two of you? No Iwa?", Suki asked, blushing a little, thinking about the appealing ace. As (Y/n) shook her head again, meaning that the dark haired one wasn't there, they squealed once again.

"Why are you squealing?", a male voice made them look up, Iwaizumi's voice. He sat beside Suki, a blush appearing on her face, and took out his lunch, offering the Libero some. They're so cute. Was all the other girls were saying.

"Iwa-chan, you can't just walk away!", whined a more cheerful voice, making (Y/n) immediately look up, smiling at Oikawa.

"Shut up and sit down!", the setter obeyed at what Iwaizumi had said and settled down next to the girl, he once seemed to hate.

"So, (Y/n)-chan, why were you practicing so late yesterday?", he asked her, while the others were talking to each other.

"I needed to practice and to improve my receives and serves. I want them to be more powerful, like your serves, Oikawa-san.", the boy smiled, a seductive smile, being a little taken aback at the compliment to his serves.
He felt proud, someone as talented as Kageyama had made that compliment.

"Maybe I could try to teach you one time.", Oikawa was once again stunned and speechless at what he had suggested, his request had made Iwaizumi look up.
Both were surprised. Yet the setter felt comfortable and she flashed him the most beautiful, generous smile he had ever seen.

"Makki! Over here!", Maeki interrupted their conversation, waving at Hanamaki and Matsukawa. They smiled, joining them, as now the whole female team was present.
Oikawa's fangirls as well as (Y/n)'s fanboys were shocked at the sight of the two most popular students sitting next to each other. They felt a certain envy or jealousy, although they knew that their volleyball captains were made for each other.
Now that they were finally talking to each other, interacting, it seemed as if there was a shining aura surrounding them. Their immense beauty made everyone turn around to look at them.
Sparks were flying whenever they were touching, like the other night, and everyone on the team noticed.
Everyone on the team, nodded. As if they approved. They agreed. They knew that the two attractive captains, the two fine setters, were perfect for each other.

"However, (Y/n)-chan, I don't think that it's such a good idea that you always practice so late. You should not walk alone at night.", the Great King's worry made blood rush to her cheeks. "I don't want to be worried. So, give me your number!", he winked, handing her his phone.
She typed in her number, feeling happy about finally having got his number.
Her heart was beating fast, and even though he was not showing it, the setter everyone was currently looking at, felt his heartbeat increasing, as soon as she smiled at him.
His chest felt warm, it was a pleasant feeling and he would surely not want to lose that feeling any time soon.
The teams nodded once again, they knew that that was the beginning of something beautiful.

Maybe now something had really changed. Maybe the Grand King had finally really changed. But they would find out soon enough.