Razor Fins{Trapped Gajeel x Trapped Levy}

A/N This was probably not the sort of "trapped" that you would think of, but I think it works. Yep, uploading after 4 years. It feels nice :)

Requested by: @Sapphireship2

I always considered myself rather innocent.

My parents hid the dangers of the ocean from my happy childhood. I never knew about the wars or the threats from the Shark-Folk. I never knew that hundreds of merman warriors died each year defending our kingdom. Instead, I grew up believing that life was full of happiness and joy.

If only that were true...

At the age of thirteen, the Shark-Folk finally invaded our kingdom. Thousands of lives were lost—including my parents—and the rest were kidnapped and taken as hostages.

Now, we mermaids are enslaved to the sharks, and there is nothing that we can do to stop them. Our best warriors were killed long ago, and the mermen now were mere children and adolescents during the raid. They have no fighting skills—never had the chance to learn from their fathers.

Our lives are now miserable. Some of us are cooks, some maids, and some tend to the livestock. I possess a rather specific job.

The chief's son is rather tempered and tends to wreck whatever room he so desires, and it's my job to follow him and clean up after his tantrums. One would assume that he's a small child, but the shark is twenty—two years older than myself.

Gajeel Redfox will become the next chief of the shark clan, yet he throws tempers whenever something doesn't go his way.

At the sound of glass breaking, I know that another clean-up is underway. However, I hear something else—shouting. It isn't Gajeel's deep, raspy voice for once. It sounds more like his father's, Chief Metalicana.

"You never do anything right! How is it that after years of training, you still can't wield a sword correctly! What are you going to do if the mermaids ever grow smart and rebel, hmm?! They'll eat you alive!"

Despite Gajeel's annoying ways, it hurt a little to hear his father speak to him like that. I've known Gajeel for five years now, and despite him being a shark, he's never openly abused me. Sure, he calls me names related to my short stature, but he has never laid a hand on me. The same can't be said for the masters of my other mer-friends...

Taking a deep breath, I quietly slid the door open, nearly gasping at the sight before me.

Gajeel was sprawled over the floor, a dagger wedged into his shark tail. His father stands before him, a wicked grin on his face. "You were always such a pathetic disappointment. Your younger brother, Rogue, will make an excellent chief, but as for you...I have no use for such a worthless son. You shall die!"

"No!"

Both sharks turn their faces towards me. Gajeel stares at me with horror evident in his ruby red eyes, but his father appears ready to end me.

"You little—how dare you enter without permission!"

Gajeel grunts from the pain. "Shrimp...you need to leave. This ain't something you need to see."

I'm not sure what sort of bravery comes over me, but I stand my ground. "You don't need to let him treat you this way, Gajeel! You are the chief that this clan needs! You aren't cruel and evil! You can make a needed change!"

"You see, Gajeel? You weren't strict enough towards your maid, and now look at her. The bitch thinks that she can say whatever she wants! You should have smacked her long ago!" the chief boasts out, walking away from Gajeel and picking me up by the neck.

I choke and claw at his hands for air, but he only tightens his grip—his smile sadistic and his eyes menacing.

"Put her down, Father! She didn't do anything!"

"You fool—this is why you both deserve to die!" Chief Metalicana chuckles out, his claws digging into the back of my neck.

"Gajeel, h-hel.."

A cry of anger spills out of my master, his sword tightly gripped into his hands as he pierces into his own father.

First, it's the gargling, then, his hand loosens around my neck, freeing me from his death-hold, and lastly, blood penetrates the ocean water as his final breath escapes.

I glance at Gajeel with horror in my hazel eyes. "You...you killed him. You killed the chief..."

"It needed to be done. He has manipulated us all for far too long..." he says, glancing down at the corpse with disgust.

"Even you?" I ask.

An emotionless laugh escapes from his mouth. "Why do you think I have so many tantrums? He controlled every little aspect of my life—drove me insane. The final straw was when he betrothed me to the captain's daughter, Juvia. I'm not very fond of her. My interests are set elsewhere, and now I'm free from that cursed engagement," he looks up at me, "and now your people are free. I refuse to rule a land built upon the backs of slaves."

Gajeel's hand cups my cheek, his thumb rubbing circles around my skin. A blush creeps up on me, but it doesn't prevent the tears that spill from my eyes. "Do you really mean it?"

"With my father dead, I am now chief, and as chief, I order that all mer-slaves be sent home to their kingdom if they so choose. Any who choose to stay are welcomed as citizens."

The smile on my face brightens and I can't help but to wrap my arms around Gajeel's waist, snuggling into his chest. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you!"

A gasp forms when his clawed-hand lifts my chin up, his face now inches from mine. "I would do anything for the mermaid who kept me company for these past five years. You've helped me not only save these lands...but you've shown me kindness. I will never forget that, and I will never forget you."

A pang of guilt forms in the pit of my stomach, and I feel tears wanting to fall. Despite how little we speak to one another, he was, in a way, my friend. "I don't want to leave you."

"Then become my wife. I desire no other," he whispers to me, his fingers running through my blue locks.

My eyes widen, and my face turns red. "Wouldn't your clan be against it?"

He smirks, laughing. "I don't give a damn what they think. Your beauty and generosity is more than I will ever need."

I thought about it for a minute before smiling. "Then yes...I'll marry you."

He smiles lovingly at me, leaning down for a soft and gentle kiss.

This is the start of a new and bright future...