Chapter 1: Demons, Trouble, and Mess

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

Author's Note: The image above belongs to its respective owner, @Shiropan777 via Twitter.

A group of demon slayers were traveling on foot together, preparing themselves for the worse to come. Why was this happening? Well, no one has reported back confirming the death of the demon roaming Mount Kaikoma. Every slayer sent grew quiet and not a single person has exited the mountain for a couple of weeks.

Yet, between all of this, you could hear the certain wails of a CeRtAiN demon slayer, clinging to the others in a CERTAINLY annoying way. Tanjiro was about to reassure Zenitsu again until a loud voice cut in. Inosuke shoved the auburn haired boy to the side and chopped Zenitsu over the head with the side of his hand.

"Cut crying like a baby you over-sided worm!"

Zenitsu's lip trembled a little as he stifled a sob, his head hurting like crazy. "Are your stupid or something?!" He shouted while clutching the back of his head. His yellow hair, cut short to his shoulders, was super dirty from their long trip that started at the butterfly estate belonging to the insect pillar, Shinobu Kocho.

"Now, now boys," hissed a dangerously irritated voice. The three of them turned to see Shinobu with her regular smile, but a vein popped out of her forehead, suggesting that she was not in the mood of bandaging the trio up if they knock each other out over a ridiculous fight. "Don't forget your most recent stay at the estate. The reason you were stuck there for almost a month is because you guys engaged in a battle and then turned one another (more like Zenitsu thanks to Inosuke) into a pulp. We don't want to repeat that series, right?"

Everyone in the group swore that the pillar was leaking poison from her mouth as she gave off an eerie aura. The only person unfazed was Kanao; as her Tsuguko, the teenager was used to the venom that would always slip from her master when she became sharply pissed at someone.

Kanao turned to Tanjiro and stared at him for a few seconds before turning her attention to the water pillar, Giyuu Tomioka. Ever since her ability to express herself was realized, the slayer no longer needed a coin to decide if she should talk or remain quiet when she had a question. Instead, the coin she was given by her adoptive older sister, Kanae Kocho, was buried somewhere around the former flower pillar's gravestone.

Kanao had seen fit to giving Kanae back the coin, thanking her. After, Kanao went to the blossom tree planted by the first Flower Breath user and expressed her gratitude before leaving on her next mission.

"Tomioka-sensei," started Kanao to catch his attention.

The dull faced hashira turned his head and nodded as he gestured for Kanao to continue.

"Why do you believe that Ubuyashiki-sama would send so many slayers to one location? Do you believe that we'll encounter a couple of uppermoons?"

Giyuu took a few seconds to think before replying, "There is a possibility. Or, simply based on the description, there may be multiple demons working together, each possessing a demon blood art. Though, the second thought is severely unlikely. Why do you ask?"

"No reason," stated the Tsuguko as she speed up her pace to match that of Shinobu.

Meanwhile, all the way at the back of the group, Kanroji and Iguro were gazing at the pasture of agriculture before them, occasionally glancing at one another to pass the time. Suddenly, Kanroji decided to break the awkward silence when one of the Kasugai crows interrupted everyone's thoughts.

"Caw! Ready your swords. Mount Kaikoma is less than a couple meters away! Caw!" The crow continued its pestering until Shinobu shot it a death glare. She pulled out a couple of sharp knives from her pocket and flashed them hap-hazardously at the circling figure.