Chapter 10: Finale

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

Author's note: Final chapter everyone! Image above is not mine. It belongs to its respectful owner @shieromutsuki3 via twitter.

A wolf howl echoed throughout the fortress and a grey pup appeared out of nowhere. He trotted in front of a lean person siting on a high pedestal and dropped the chain scythe along with ripped fabrics from multiple different places across Japan.

The figure glowered at the objects and scoffed at the utter failures he rose to power.

"Dispose of these items, they are no longer any use to me. I am going to send you somewhere else to spy for me," he claimed with his shrill voice. The dog simply bowed and vanished with another howl.

》Butterfly Estate《

"Hello Shinobu-sama! How was your mission?" The three young girls who assist around the butterfly estate, Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi, greeted Shinobu in unison.

Aoi finally came out and flatly stated, "I told you not to sugar coat it."

"But Shinobu-sama might be very upset," Naho argued back.

"Especially if we were to tell her right away," continued Kiyo.

"And then she'll be even more mad when she finds out," completed Sumi.

The insect pillar exchanged glances between the three before staring at Aoi for an explanation.

Aoi simply sighed before saying, "While you were gone, a bit of mishap occurred and let's just say that the estate, on the inside, is practically trashed."

Shinobu dropped her things and dashed right in, shouting at everyone in utmost disbelief. "What HAPPENED?! THE HECK! I WAS ONLY GONE FOR THREE DAYS!!"

Sanemi stopped cussing at Tengen while Gyomei Himejima turned his face to the estate entrance; despite being blind, he knew exactly what they all feared was back. Muichiro was standing behind Rengoku, staring at the fish bowl that was slowly rolling across the hallway floor. The flame hashira instantly turned his face away from Shinobu, causing the smaller pillar to blow a casket on all five of them.

"WhAt DiD yOu GuYs Do?!" Shinobu yelled.

Everyone flinched at her high pitched tone, turning on their heels and diverting their eyes from the mess, pretending that they had no involvement, whatsoever, with the wrecked place.

"Oh no you don't," she hissed. Shinobu grabbed Sanemi, Tengen, Rengoku, and Muichiro by the ear, dragging the four outside the estate.

"OWWW!" They all started to complain since Kocho had a strong grip for such a small body.

"You better hope your excuse is good enough or so help me, you guys are in deep sh*t!"

Muichiro stared at the clouds while Rengoku sealed his mouth shut. Tengen on the other hand pointed a finger at Sanemi, causing the wind pillar to shoot him a death glare.

"How come Gyomei-san isn't getting lectured along with us?" Sanemi mumbled to himself.

Shinobu heard his comment reguardless and narrowed her eyes at him saying, "I'm willing to bet he had nothing to do with it, considering the fact that he is much more mature than you four and he is BLIND!" The insect pillar emphasized her points while Tengen quietly grumbled, "Or was it because you are too short to reach his ear and drag him around unlike us?"

Shinobu was about to strangle him but Tomioka came around the corner and put a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. Huffing out of frustration, she turned around and stomped back inside the estate, talking with Himejima for an answer of who started it.

Meanwhile, Iguro was laughing at Tengen and Sanemi because they looked pratically pathetic, being lectured by a girl shorter than the two. Kanroji went after Shinobu so that she could help her pick up a couple things inside while Umiko peeked around the garden full of different colored butterflies.

Nezuko was fast asleep in her box while Zenitsu, Tanjiro, and Inosuke looked shocked by Shinobu's abilities, in literally talking down some of the strongest demon slayers in the whole corpse, despite her height. Kanao was busy talking with Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi, asking them how the estate came to chaos and ruins in less than 36 hours of being gone.

"Well," started Naho, "It was Muichiro and Tengen-san who came first due to injuries from a previous fight a little after you guys left."

"And then," Kiyo continued, "Sanemi, Rengoku, and Gyomei-san came earlier today, near the morning, asking for some assistance with bandaging them up due to a different mission they were sent on."

"We went to get Aoi-kun for help, but when we returned, Sanemi-san was saying bad things to Uzui-san," Sumi continued to explain.

"And then?" asked Kanao having a clear idea of what occured after.

"Sanemi and Uzui-san started to get into a big fight, dragging Muichiro and Rengoku-san in when they tried to interfer," the three girls said simultaneously. "Gyomei-san tried to break up their argument, but the four started fighting all over the estate and stopped when Shinobu-sama yelled at them."

Kanao sighed and thanked the trio before walking into the butterfly estate to examine its conditions. The halls looked completely torn apart while shelves were on the floor, medicine books were thrown everywhere, the picture frames on the walls were slanted, and some of the sliding doors had human sized holes through the thin material.

Sighing again, she rounded a corner and found Kanroji flipping through a pile of medical books that were tossed about the hall. Walking into the nearest medical room, she found Shinobu bandaging Himejima's fore-arm and asking a couple of questions concerning what had happened.

"Master," whispered Kanao.

Shinobu looked at the door way and asked, "What happened?"

"Well, one, I think you should make those four fix everything they ruined, and two, is it okay if I help Umiko settle into the estate?" The first part was an idea while the second part was more of a hopeful question.

"Sure," said Shinobu. "I have a few things to ask her but when I'm done with this mess..."

Kanao nodded and went back outside where she lead Umiko to one of the garden entrances and showed her a room she could stay in. Passing the girl some new clothing, Kanao had a single question for the little girl herself.

"Do you want to join the corpse...?"

Umiko sat on the bed provided inside the room and looked around. She finally directed her attention to Kanao and seemed to be thinking for a while. Finally turning her gaze away, Umiko stared at the ceiling and closed her eyes.

"I do want to join the corpse one day, but I don't feel ready right now."

Kanao simply nodded at her answer and left the room to allow her to change into the new set of clothing.

Walking out into the estate's butterfly garden, Kanao went around the side and back near the entrance. To her surprise, Shinobu quickly took her advision and Sanemi, Tengen, Rengku, and Muichiro were cleaning the whole place from top to bottom. Muichiro seemed to become quickly distracted, watching as Sanemi grumpily kicked the goldfish bowl back into the main room of the estate.

'Never a dull moment around here,' she smiled.

>Time Skip about a Week (Bc I'm lazy)<

Umiko became quick friends with Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi, the four of them always in the kitchen chatting and cooking rice balls. Zenitsu was a little battered up and confirmed to have three broken bones thanks to Kanao moreover.

Regardless, he was still in full health to chase Nezuko around at night, asking for her to marry him. Tanjiro would always intervine when it got late in the night, but not before Inosuke tried beating him up; Aoi always having to barge in and yell at the three to shut up.

It was all casual. Zenitsu was rather unlucky though because Shinobu made him complete a course of recovery training afterwards. Coming back beat, he would drop onto the bed and grumble that Kanao kicked his behind in every task, complaining that she was not human.

Shinobu would haul Tomioka around the estate, passing the poor pillar piles of parchment and books to hold while she picked through her vials full of hazardous poisons. Sanemi, Rengoku, Muichiro, and Tengen managed to clean the whole estate in less than a day, but they only threw her books back on the shelves, leaving the insect pillar to rearrange everything back in order.

Finally, she let Tomioka get some rest after a couple of days full of throwing medical books at him, making him carry around files, and demanding that he would stop whining and just order everything alphabetically.

After a long night, Tomioka walked to Shinobu's room, knocking on her door and sliding it open without her response. Tilting his head to avoid a flying pillow, he noticed her rummaging around in fret, apparently searching for something obviously important. Shinobu didn't realize as Tomioka walked up behind her, tapping her shoulder to grasp her attention.

"Kocho...?"

"Eep!" Shinobu jumped in surprise and turned to look at him. "Don't do that! Knock! A door is there for a reason!" she started to rant.

Giyuu quirked an eyebrow at her and said, "You don't happen to be looking for this, right?"

Pulling the folded parchment from earlier he held it in visible sight, the ingredients listed in her handwriting. Shinobu's eyes went wide. She instantly jumped up to try and reach for the paper but Tomioka held it higher, out of her reach.