Chapter 9: See You Soon Doesn't Mean Goodbye Forever

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

Author's Note: The artwork above is not mine but respectfully belongs to its rightful owner @Fischer_rk via Twitter.

Previously: 'He loves her and I know he'll be there for her when I must leave,' thought Shinobu.

"I'll be alright," he mouthed. "Help the slayers."

"Alright then, let's put this to hold," Kanroji declared.

》Near The Ravine《

"So, what's the gig with the waterfall?"

"Behind it," simply answered Zenitsu. He lead the way past the water and into the familiar ravine. Inosuke followed and soon Nezuko did too.

What she didn't expect was to accidentally stumble over something. Noticing it was a corpse, she quickly let out a loud, 'EEP!' and ran right next to Zenitsu. Umiko one the other hand was perfectly unfazed by the dead body and narrowed her eyes at the figure.

"That is Bekutā. Big brother always hated him and he always picked on me when Big Brother wasn't around," stated Umiko with a slightly bitter tone of voice.

"Another one," observed Kanroji. Just like the demon earlier, there were no scars, cuts or wounds, just a demon who appears to have simply dropped dead out of nowhere.

Iguro was becoming wary though. 'Who could be behind this all? An Upper Blood Moon or something...?'

"Oof!" Nezuko didn't turn around the next bend and completely walked right into the cave wall.

"Nezuko-chan, you okay?" called Zenitsu.

"Yeah, fine, didn't see the wall," she responded back.

'I don't exactly have your amazing hearing or Onii-chan's great sense of smell or Kanao-san's fantastic vision or even Inosuke's built in echo location device (or whatever it's called) so navigating through here isn't necessarily easy...' Nezuko thought.

"Here," Zenitsu offered.

He reached out for Nezuko's hand and lead her around each corner with ease, considering the fact that he did it earlier.

The same gentle fire light could be seen flickering around the next bend. Umiko simply wiggled free from Nezuko's grasp and rushed into the medium sized space.

Nezuko watched her disappear into the room as the little girl begun shuffling through a pile of what sounded like metal.

When everyone finally came to the closed in spot, they noticed Umiko searching through a stack of what appeared to be demon slayer swords.

Iguro looked past her and at the pile of nichirin blades that were tossed about and stashed like trophies.

He was about to say something, but Umiko interrupted him before he could speak a single word.

"Bekutā collects the swords of every slayer he has ever killed. I'm searching for the newer ones that I do not recognize... and here," she said. Pushing aside part of the pile, she revealed seven swords that each had different spines.

"So how does that help?" asked Kanroji, slightly lost.

"Bekutā always grabs the swords of slayer members he has killed. And if Kanao-san and her boyfriend were likely framed while I was not here, all I have to do is grab the ones I don't ever remember seeing," she stated in 'matter of fact' way.