Chapter 5: My Mystery, Your Knowledge

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

The image above belongs to its respectful owner, @幼馴染みぎゆしのとさねカナ夫婦のある日 via twitter.

Author's Note: I feel like this one-shot story is beginning to turn into more than just a one-shot TwT... Stupid text books and their tedious directions! Ugh! Sorry if this is turning out way more different than expected. Well, enjoy and thank you so much for all the support everyone! (P.S. for the sake of the one-shot, events in the manga may be altered.)

Previously: Shinobu grabbed the gourd from him and said, "I'm going to search real quick for a river and more water."

"Don't be afraid. Also, according to Tomioka, his master made him learn how to swim before even teaching him the basics. He would be kicked over a waterfall or thrown into a river this deep in hopes of learning and not drowning." =~='

Looking at the snoozing face, he decided to stay still. Who would have guessed this cute, little puppy would cause so much trouble...?

Zenitsu wasn't sure of the time of day but he was sure as hel* mad. The dog must have mistaken him as a chew toy or something because he was startled out of his sleep when a pair oof teeth came clamping down on his arm.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked while staring at the small figure wag its tail.

'You'd think that a domestic animal would have second thoughts about biting someone, but nope, this one is a literal savage,' he thought while turning on his heal to walk away.

The dog trotted after him as expected. What he didn't expect was to stumble over familiar faces and get a strong blow to the stomach.

>Meanwhile<

Nezuko was splashing in the water with Kanroji while Inosuke was trying to fight Iguro somewhere in the forest. The two walked off to look for someone who might know more about Mount Kaikoma, but those plans dissipated when Inosuke stubbornly challenged the serpent pillar to a one on one duel using no weapons.

Of course, Iguro held back so that Inosuke wouldn't be a bloody pulp, but the boar head slayer was not going to give up so easily.

"Take a rest would'ya," said Obani attempting to knock some sense into Inosuke.

"But I want to fight you so I can see which of us are stronger!"

"With that type of grammar, I know I'll be able to mop the floor with you," claimed Iguro.

Inosuke didn't make any more retorts after that and only opened and closed his mouth trying to find words with no success.

Back by the river, Nezuko was shaking water out of what little remained of her hair after the battle with the matter destruction demon.

She made a knot and tied her hair back into a ponytail again while laughing a little with Mitsuri.

"Say," she started. "What do you think happened to everyone else after we all got separated?"

"Who knows," answered the Love pillar. "I hope they're all okay but with all the demons we have encountered, it is difficult to say."

'I hope Onii-chan and Kanao-sama is doing okay,' she thought while staring at the blazing sun above them.

And indeed they were, with a tsugoko as a partner and a smell sharper than a k-9's the two were horribly startled.

Kanao picked up her sword and swung it hard at someone. A terrifying snap could be heard as the object she hit went flying into a tree.