Chapter 2: Parallel Sides

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

The artwork above rightfully belongs to its respectful owner, @gomiko_art via Twitter.

Author's note: Hope you liked last chapter! Here's the next one! Enjoy!

Previously: No one has reported back confirming the death of the demon roaming Mount Kaikoma. Every slayer sent grew quiet and not a single person has exited the mountain for a couple of weeks.

As everyone turned, they caught sight of a demon way messed up versus any they had ever battled before. Quite surprisingly, you could make it out as a female or male, but judging by the voice, everyone came to the conclusion that the demon was a 'he.'

Once more, silence fell and everyone quickly shut their trap.

Zenitsu looked around at his surroundings to notice that his appearance didn't undergo any differences compared to everyone else. It's true, he felt something change, but he couldn't quite identify what. But in the meantime, he needed to help out with the others before they start shouting again, with the addition of his hearing loss.

Shinobu still seemed to get a kick out of annoying Tomioka as she poked him sharply in the back. "Tomioka-san," she continued with a new inspiration to give the water pillar hell in his life. "How do you like being tiny? Is it fun having to look up to me now?"

"Kocho..." Tomioka tried to say something but Tanjiro had waddled up to him; pulling on the pillar's haori, the demon obviously wanted something from him. Tomioka ignored Shinobu's pestering to see what Tanjiro needed.

The auburn haired demon pointed to the bamboo muzzle with one of his sharp fingers before letting out an evident, 'Mft,' of dislike.

Tomioka crouched down to Tanjiro's level and helped him remove the muzzle that constrained him from speaking.

"Th-than-k yo-ou To-Tomiok-ka-san!" Tanjiro smiled as he now has the ability to talk freely. His word association was not as sharp though as he stumbled over his sentence. Obani seemed to have a different view, however, in removing the muzzle.

The snake pillar drew his sword as he said, "How do we know those two won't start craving human blood and begin attacking the innocent?" He timidly waved his nichiirin sword and pointed it at Kanao and Tanjiro, but didn't have the same scary aura with his new body form.

Still, no one laughed as Shinobu stepped in front of Kanao and Tomioka pulled Tanjiro behind him. Slightly confused by all the ruckus, the two of them clung to the hands of the pillars protecting them, simultaneously peering past their haories to get a view of the serpent like sword. (In the process, they somewhat shrunk in size so they are about half the height of their original body)

"Just like before, I know Tanjiro will not hurt anyone. If he does kill an innocent person, I will commit seppuku and behead him," Tomioka said firmly.

Shinobu brought herself to make the same vow. "If my tsuguko ever harms an inoccent person, I will kill her myself and commit seppuku as well."

Hearing this shocked Iguro, causing him to slightly hesitate in accepting the oath the two pillars stated. Kanroji accepted their leisure instantaneously and placed a hand on Iguro's shoulder, signaling him to stand down and comply as well. Noticing her action and intent, Iguro slid his sword back into its sheath and nodded.

Shinobu turned to face Kanao as she grabbed the flower user's sword and handed it back. "Can you still use a sword?" she asked slightly worried.

Kanao nodded as she strapped it securely to the hook of her clothes and attempted to make a full sentence. "I c-ca-an Ma-maste-er." Stuttering caused the young girl to sheepishly smile as her words didn't sound as fluent as they normally would.

Shinobu only beckoned her head in approval before turning to see Nezuko slightly confused and Inosuke perfectly fine. Despite having the body parts of the opposite gender, he appeared to have adjusted rather quickly. In addition, his hair was longer (Kind of reminding her of Aoi's) while his slayer uniform had altered a bit to cover more skin. Thankful for this, Shinobu went to address Nezuko and asked, "Do you know the motion of each form?"

Nezuko shook her head quickly, showing her new enthusiasm for being a temporary, sword wielding, demon slayer (as she already has been accepted as a member of the corpse). "Onii-chan wrote everything down in a journal and I read through it so I know the footing and movement of each water breathing form!"

Nezuko pulled Tanjiro's sword from its covering and gave it a few swings to get the gist of it. When she examined the blade though, it was not black but rather a vibrant violet.

Surprised, she asked, "What does this color mean?"

After getting a better look at it and talking over it, everyone drew the conclusion that it might be a special color suited to Nezuko only. They examined Kanao's blade and made the theory that slayers who have had an influence of demon blood will have purple nichiirin blades, but her weapon was still a light pink, proving everybody wrong.

"Who knows?" started Kanroji, "This may lead to a new breathing form over time!"

Nezuko seemed fascinated as she realized, "Onii-chan doesn't have a sword now though!"

Noticing that Nezuko was right, Shinobu had a risky idea as she pulled out multiple plastics with the same liquid she was planning on using before.