Chapter 7: Era'mthgins Seldne

Disclaimer: I do not own Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba. All rights respectfully belong to Koyoharu Gotoge.

The artwork above belongs to its rightful owner. Discovered by anime2020._camp.anime via Instagram.

Previously: "Mother and father loved us, but they had to leave, just like me. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there longer; I hope you can forgive me. One day, we'll see each other and be reincarnated as a family again. Only this time, nothing will come between us."

'Seriously, you are really testing what little cool I have with you,' she thought.

Tatemu looked all over the place and every section he could think of. Finally, out of every demon on this idiotic mountain, his most hated partner showed up.

"If you're going to start talking shi* than I don't want to hear it Bekutā," he said without turning around.

"Awwww," started the demon behind him. "What makes you think that I wanted to talk about your little ugly as*. I only came here to deliver some news, but I guess it doesn't concern you at all."

"Would you all shut up," came a new voice that sent chills down everyone's back.

A strange figure reached the group of demons as she cleared her hair from her face.

Tatemu and Bekutā sharply turned to the entrance of the ravine they were hiding in. A lean women, tall in stature, walked in and gave a crooked smile.

"What's up loosers?" she laughed.

"What buisness do you have here?" asked Tatemu.

"You know that our master is quite mad with the slow progress on this mountain, so he has sent me to take care of what remains," she grinned.

"So? What is in it for us?" Bekutā questioned.

"Oh nothing," she sneered. "But tell me, what is your worst nightmare..."

"Spread, my historia's of terror, and feed on the fear of what you seek fit..."

"No! Wait!"

>Nezuko and Umiko<

"Umiko!" Nezuko cried out. She crouched down hurriedly and looked at the little girl, scooping the small figure into her arms.

Umiko suddenly collapsed without warning and was taking hollow breaths, as if struggling to breathe in any air.

'Shinobu might be able to help,' thought Nezuko as she picked the girl up from the ground and ran in the direction she remembered the insect pillar vanished to.

>Inosuke and Zenitsu<

"They're all gone!" shouted the lightning slayer.

"Where did they all disappear to?"

"Nezuko-chan! Umiko-chan! Kanroji and Iguro-sensei!" Zenitsu was calling out for everyone, but to his loss, no one responded. 'Where could they have gone.'

"Monitsu! Over here!"

Zenitsu ran over to Inosuke and looked in the direction he was pointing. Multiple footprints trailed the ground and the stain of a fallen body embedded the mud.

"They must have gone that way," confirmed Inosuke.

Zenitsu nodded and grabbed his sword from beside the boulder Nezuko was last sitting at. He was about to run in the direction the beast slayer had pointed to, but hesitated when he realized Inosuke had gone subtly still.

"What is it?" asked Zenitsu.

"That's impossible," whispered Inosuke.

Zenitsu was able to hear his words regardless and tilted his head in confusion. "Huh?"

Inosuke didn't respond as he ran in the opposite direction he had originally pointed to.

"Wait, didn't you say they went this way?!" hollared Zenitsu in utter bewilderment.

Inosuke ignored him and continued to run in the direction where he felt that sudden shift in prescence. Zenitsu let out a longated sigh and turned to follow after him.

'What in the world is with this place?' he thought jumping into the trees in attempt of catching up with Inosuke.

>Shinobu and Tomioka<

Shinobu treaded through the trees, knocking branches out of the way and shuffling leaves beneath her feet. Tomioka had gone completely silent as he tagged behind her, kicking rocks here and there in the process.

"Why are we going this way again?" he asked.

Shinobu didn't turn around and just stated, "There was smoke and it worried me so we're checking it out. At least, I am. I told you to stay back but you being stubborn, as usual, didn't listen."