001

[ 6 years old jaemin ]

"mom where are we going?" i asked, she was driving.

we just moved in this town and mom said she's gonna meet a friend and sure i will too so i'm getting excited.

"we're close honey, don't worry." she patted my head so i smiled.

later on, we stopped by the road in front of a big house. we used to live in a bigger house but mom decided to leave dad there because he was always beating her. i wish someday i could fight for my mom.

"we're here, let's go." she opened the car door for me. i picked up my robot toy and hopped out.

i was clinging onto mom's arm when she greeted her friend, she was cooking and mom joined her.

"what a lovely boy he is now." her friend said and i was just playing with my robot toy.

"how about your boy? where is he? i hope they'd be a good friend!" mom said happily.

"oh he's always in his room, at this age, he's already like a teenager." i was just looking at her talking, "but jaemin-ah, you can visit his room, it's right next to that hallway."

i looked at mom to get her approval and she just nodded with a smile so i immediately ran to that hallway that woman was pointing.

i halted when i saw a pretty boy, peeking at a room's door.

"oh, hey-" but he got inside, closing the door.

i continued my way and opened the door silently. i saw him playing a video game in front of a bed and there's a lot of toys all scattered at the floor.

"hi.." i said, closing the door and walking towards him, he just glanced for a second and got his eyes back on the screen.

i sat beside him eagerly wanna speak with him, "can we be friends?"

he just nodded as a response.

"i'm na jaemin, how about you?" i waited for a second but didn't got a reply so i just pouted.

"what do you need? why are you here?" my face lit up when he spoke.

"i'm- i'm with my mom! she said she's meeting her friend i guess that was your mom, she told me we should be friends." i smiled at him.

he turned off his video game and dropped his controller. i noticed that he suddenly looked at my robot toy that's on my right hand so i said, "oh this is my only toy, but i hope i could play with you sometimes." and i looked down.

my eyes widened when he suddenly chuckled, i just somewhat found it cute so i chuckled too. "so what is your name?" i asked.

"hyuck.." the only thing he said.

"okay hyuck! so what were you playing? can we play together?" i said smiling and was so excited.

that boy, he barely talked but i always felt happy talking with him and playing. after that day, mom and i were always there, maybe twice a week that's making me so excited about meeting my new friend.

that was the second mid summer, thirteen years ago, how we met and became friends. we also went in the same schools during third grade til middle school, where everything changed for who knows why.

[ 12 years old jaemin ]

i continuously rang the doorbell but no one's still answering, i looked down, tapping my shoes and later on deciding to go to school by myself.

"jaemin-ah! what are you doing out here?" i looked at the gates when i heard his mother's voice, she was opening it and got inside.

"oh i was just.. hoping to go to school with hyuck.." i looked down again.

"haven't he told you? he's with a friend, i guess his teammates. he left for an hour ago, he said they had to practice that early since the competition will be tomorrow. i'm so sorry that he didn't told you, jaemin." she patted my head the my shoulder.

"o-oh it's okay, maybe he have told me and i just forgot about it." i scratched on my nape, bowing at her before i left.

he never told me anything actually, our last conversation was last week and now i'm getting worried. what if he got new friends? what about me? what if we outgrow each other or what if he'd forget about me?

i shrugged the thoughts and just got to school. after that day, i tried waiting for him practicing with his soccer team. we got distant after he joined that.

i waited for too long that i've fell asleep on the bleachers from where i was waiting, it was so embarrassing that the guards woke me up and told me to go home already. i asked for the soccer team if they've got home, and they did got home already. i guess we'll never or barely talk again.