010

"so you're telling me, you suddenly just had a girlfriend??" renjun asked on the other line of the phone call, shocked, obviously.

"no i don't have i just wanna know something about being in a relationship!" i exclaimed.

relationship isn't it? having a boyfriend? but i don't really know if i should take that seriously. i mean, he just told me the other day to get off of his life, right? i'm still in confusion right now too.

"but why are you coming at me? i'm literally single plus you know more about everything when it comes to girls or such right?" he said.

i sighed, they always think i am an expert with love or girls just because i know how to catch them and flirt, "come on i only know how to sweet talk, i've never even been in a relationship, and i came to you because you're the one who's responsible with anything."

"sure jaemin, you can just go ask her a date, girls definitely like going out and having fun. but make sure she likes- no everyone likes you, whatever."

i sat on my bed, facing the window. how could i even pull this out to renjun?

"and... what if she doesn't like going out?" i asked, "she definitely don't, she stays in her apartment 24/7."

"that's not a problem, you can still try or if she refuses, just date her indoors like, bring her food in her apartment then watch movies, play games or anything." renjun said.

yeah, like what we usually did back then, and i don't know if that's even fine by him. he was so introverted.

"who's this by the way? i thought you like girls who loves being outdoors and sociable? the ones wearing mini skirts or so?" i can feel his confusion.

"no i told you it's not a girl- i mean, it's not what you think it is! i'm just asking!" rolling my eyes, i ended the call with a hiss and threw my phone on the bed.

i jolted and almost had an heart attack when i heard my mom suddenly spoke, i looked at my back and there she was, peeking at the door carrying a basket of clothes, "are you dating someone?"

"no- mom i swear to god, please can you at least knock? i'm a man after all!" she just came in and picked up my dirty clothes.

"just an advice, you can love someone any time, you can love anyone, there's no one stopping you and you should be proud of it. bring her here sometimes so i can meet her." she smiled at me then finally stormed out.

"or him." i jolted when she peeked again, winking.

no i don't love him, or i do but that's just because we were best friends. i just shook my head and put my phone on my pocket, getting out to help mom wash the clothes.

"go get your breakfast first honey, i'll call you when i need help hanging these up." she motioned me to get back to the kitchen and so i did, eating the only food on the dining.

suddenly, my phone ringed and the ringer was an unknown number so i hesitated first but still answered, "hello? who is this?"

"your boyfriend."

i immediately looked at the number again and took me seconds to reply, "h-hey, how did you know my number?"

"saw it on the business card you gave mark, i almost mistakenly called your mom's number though." i heard him laugh in the other line.

why am i feeling different? yesterday was like, i was definitely normal around him. is this because of the boyfriend thing? i literally don't know what to do.

"and why did you call then?" i asked.

"i can't? i just want to. are you busy with anything today?" he asked with a tone of- i don't know, a lady?

"n-not really." i stuttered.

i really am in a visible and obvious confusion because why is he acting up like this so sudden? instead of pushing me off of his life again? but i kinda like this.

"perfect, come over, let's watch movies or play games." he said.

that's what renjun just said earlier, i knew he knows things like that, he's a love guru.

"sure, i'll bring food then, see you." i finished my food and went to help mom so we could finish it as soon as possible.

"you look so happy." she stared at me with a knowing smile.

"i do?" i asked.

she just laughed and pinched my cheek.