013

"something is off with you." renjun said while drinking a banana milk too loudly, leaning at my table with jeno sitting there, "yeah tell us what's good, or bad."

i scoffed rolling my eyes and continued scribbling on my notes. i creased my eyebrows looking sharply at renjun when he snatched my pen and notebook, "you're supposed to review these, not ruin it." he said.

"okay, okay! give them back and please leave me alone." i told them.

jeno sighed and got the pen and notes from renjun then picking up my bag, putting them in it, "it's past half lunch time, we have had our lunch and you're still right here, doing nothing." he slid my bag on his shoulder then waited for me to stand up.

"if you do have a problem, do remember you have friends and you have jeno worried about you." renjun now chuckled and stood as well walking towards the door.

"i'm- sorry.. it's nothing to be honest, i'm just spacing out but i don't have any problems to share with you guys." i stood up and snaked my arm around jeno's shoulders, "stop worrying about me." i smiled at him.

he quickly yanked me away with a little panic, "o-of course, let's go i'll accompany you to lunch."

i chuckled and went to the cafeteria with jeno. nothing's bothering me actually, it's just, i don't know what do i feel actually. why am i waiting for a phone call from donghyuck?

since yesterday morning i woke up, he was still in a deep sleep and the mark guy was already home that time, my mom's been asking where i am too so i immediately went back home without saying anything to him. then i asked him with a message how he is and until now he hasn't responded or anything.

"how's things with you and your best friend by the way?" jeno asked out of the blue.

"oh uh, i think we're back from being friends, why?" i told him and sipped on my juice.

"oh.. that's good, but i thought he told you to stay out last time, right?" he said that made me halt, i shouldn't have said we're back from being friends now what am i supposed to tell them?

i just chuckled hesitantly and told him, "don't worry, you are my best friend."

"dude, it doesn't matter who your best friend is but it does matter who you give your trust with." he chuckled as well shaking his head.

"i know that of course and i've known him for so long, i trust him." i continued my meal.

"but you told us what he did to you." he crossed his arms propped above the table.

"yeah but that was before.. we're almost adults now." i said but thinking what jeno just told me making me doubt him.

but he was completely different from people who you should not trust, he's just like the boy he was before who's seeking for a friend, now it's like he's seeking for a friend that's a family, and i'm willing to make him feel the way he was before.

"so what was renjun talking about the other day? i'm completely missing out, i heard you were asking about the girlfriend thing??" jeno raised a brow.

i sighed and shook my head, "i told him, i don't have any girlfriend, okay? it was for nothing." i said.

"boy friend?"

i almost got choked from what i am eating the moment he said that. coughing, i asked, "i- why in hell would you think of that?"

"chill i was kidding, lower you voice, man." he laughed.

i rolled my eyes and finished my food then standing up, "aren't you going to pick your little girl up?" i asked him.

"it's their summer break and please, stop saying 'your little girl' it creeps me, i'm not a pedophile nor an incest!" he acted as if he's shivering of disgust.

it's their summer break? I thought i could see him again for this week but that's just hopeless. i'll just wait for him to contact me.

"why though? last time i went there with you, you disappeared, i thought you didn't liked waiting for me." he said then pouted.

"oh i-uh.. just saw an old relative so i helped them go to our place." i answered then smiled awkwardly.

as we got back to the classroom, i checked my phone again then freaked out when i saw his name with one message.

hyuck
i heard next week's your semestral break.. let's hangout more often.