4. Unexpected advice and a date

"Please"

"No"

"Please"

"No"

"Please"

"Mina I am not going on a date that you're forcing upon me"

"Are you seriously going to leave Kiri hanging when he was promised a date?"

"Yes because I wasn't the one who promised him a date! You did, so why don't you go out with him instead"

"Why can't you give him one teensy tiny chance?" Mina whined.

"BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO GET ATTACHED TO SOMEONE AGAIN JUST TO LOSE THEM"

The two went quiet, y/n sighed and walked into the classroom. The class murmured as she walked to her desk and put her head faced down. Kirishima along with the rest of the class had heard her outburst and were now curious of what she meant, the only person who truly did being Mina.

~•••~

Unexpected advice and a date

Y/n sat silently at her usual table with Mina, kaminari, bakugo, kirishima, and sero. She barely touched her food which was odd considering how much she loved to eat. And as the laughed and joked around Mina couldn't help but feel guilty about pushing y/n to the point where she snapped. Kirishima felt the tension and was about to comfort y/n but she quickly got up and left the table. The other five looked at each other in confusion, Kirishima stood up to go after her but was pulled back down by Mina who shook her head, it was best if she cooled off on her own. The last thing she needed was the origin of her stress trying to comfort her.

So she went to the roof, but stopped in her tracks when she noticed a familiar tuft of red and white hair.

"Todoroki?"

He turned around and smiled softly at her.

"Hi y/n, what brings you up here?"

"Uh I just wanted to get away for a bit, but I don't wanna bother your peace so I'll just leave"

"Somethings bothering you...come sit" he said turning back around and patting to the spot next to him.

After their first year todoroki had become a sage when it came to dealing with stress and anything emotional. You think it's cliche whenever people say 'learn from your mistakes' but in this case it was absolutely true.

"So what's making you so flustered?"

"Well...you obviously know how kirishima has been acting towards me recently" she sighed.

"You mean constantly shouting out his feelings for you everyday since the beginning of the school year"

"Uh yeah..uh Mina took my phone and set us up on a 'date', and has been pestering me about it all day"

"Hmm" he hummed and took a bite of his soba.

"There's someone you lost right?"

She flinched, and her breath hitched. She snapped her head to look at him but he had already been staring intensely at her. Waiting for a confirmation that he was correct. She turned away and nodded.