eve

see there's a difference between the winchester's and me. i was honest. i told them what i did when i did it and why. except for the fact that i had contact with crowley, partially. a while back he had called me telling me the winchester's almost killed him. they thought he was dead, i knew he was alive. that's all i knew. i didn't know about his plans for purgatory. but knowing he was alive was enough for them. though they didn't tell me what they had thought they did to crowley. i felt hurt. but, enough of that let's get to the good stuff.

i sat in bobby's basement with dean as he filled the phoenix ash into the different gun shells. he had done five so far.

"hey." sam says as him and bobby make it down the stairs. "how you doing?"

"five shells, that's how i'm doing." dean says answering sam's question, his eyes still fixated on the phoenix ash filled shells in front of him.

"well, you know, it's a hell of a lot more than we had last week." sam says after he sighs.

"maybe." dean puts down his work turning to bobby and sam. i was sat next to dean our knees almost touching.

"meaning?" bobby asks confused by what he had just said.

"meaning i just had myself a little mishap a few minutes ago and uh, well here look." dean grabs some of the phoenix ash rubbing it on his skin, we had figured out that it didn't burn him.

"whoa." sam says to try and stop him but nothing happens to dean's skin.

"huh." bobby says still kind of confused to why it didn't hurt him.

"this stuff is supposed to burn the bejesus out of eve. doesn't even give me a sunburn." i don't even want to try it. it's also one of the things that can hurt me too. they don't know that though. my grandma told me to tell no one of what can hurt me. only deep lore can tell them and that's pretty hard to find.

"the lore says it works." bobby says, this still doesn't sit well in dean.

"that's always reliable." dean says sarcastically.

"well, you know what? maybe it's like iron or silver, you know?" dean gets up as sam continues to talk. "hurts them not us?"

"maybe, but a fat load of good it does us till we find the bitch." dean grabs a rag cleaning his arm off.

"i'm looking, but i thinking maybe it's time you made a call." bobby refers to cas. i get up to stand between sam and bobby.

"why's it always gotta be me, huh? it's not like cas lives in my ass. the dude's busy." we all see cas appear behind dean, dean turns to him not seeming to be pleased with how close he was. "cas, get out of my ass."

"i was never in your-" cas says as they share a glance. i almost talk about how dean rhymed but held it back. "have you made any progress in locating eve?"

"we were going to ask you that." i say look to cas.

"no, i've looked, but she's hidden from me. she's hidden from all angels."

"awesome." dean says throwing his hands up in the air, looking over at us.

"you know, what we really need is an inside man." sam says trying to find another way to find her.

"what do you mean?"

"something with claws and sympathy." sam explains more to dean.

"like a friendly monster? those are in short supply these days, don't you think?"

"sure, but we've met one or two, right?"

"maybe."

"so, maybe we can find one."