The Moment {Haidyn & Alex}

TW: Death, and angst)
Sad. This is canon for these characters -)

"I wish you would be able to always see my face,

But no more, shall that be.

I am sorry my sweet,

That it had to end this way.

Remember what I taught you.

Live on.

Live a full life with your brother.

Remember, I'll always love you.

I'm always here. "

His mother whispered, closing her eyes.

The moments before rewinded in Haidyn's mind, like a roll of film.

|           |

"And then she just walked off!" Haidyn's father exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air dramatically. Bell like laughter echoed through the room, Haidyn smiling widely.

Alex was out with friends at the moment. Haidyn was at the kitchen bar, watching as his mother gracefully cooked, a small smile on his face. His father was in the next room over, on the couch, watching some program on the tv, while talking to Haidyn.

Haidyn fidgeted nervously, looking at his hands. He had had yet to confess he was trans, but wasn't too scared. After all, Haidyn's father himself was pansexual, his mother bisexual. So that was somewhat reassuring.

Haidyn was still called she/her and Hope-his birth name - by those he had yet to tell. He'd only ever told one person, and the results of that only heightened his anxiety towards telling others.

The Lee Family lived in an average sized house, and were rather close. Haidyn and Alex were twins, though Alex seemed more older mentally.

The Lees never fought, disagreed, or had any financial troubles as far as Haidyn could tell. They weren't by all means perfect, but still were very tightly knit open towards each other.

Just as Haidyn opened his mouth and start to confess, the sharp sound of breaking glass was heard from their second floor. His father immediately stood up, ordering his around 14 year old son to stay put.

Haidyn didn't resist, and watched as his father slowly would head up the stairs, his mother following, waiting patiently at the bottom.

Time seemed to slow for a moment, before the sharp ring of a gun being fired was heard.

Everything, just went into slow motion. Haidyn's mother screaming as her husband toppled down the stairs, her catching him. Haidyn had been too shocked to even register what was happening.

The shooter set aside, his eyes drifted to his father, his eyes widening at the sight.

Haidyn's father was bleeding from a bullet hole in his stomach, his hand over the wound. His wife was trying to stay calm and keep him conscious as he softly gasped for air.

Haidyn's mother looked up to see the shooter at the top of the stairs. They pointed their gun toward Haidyn, Haidyn's mother quickly standing in front of him so she'd get shot instead.

She couldn't let Alex or Haidyn lose each other. They were dependent on one another and she could tell.

Haidyn let out a strangled cry of pain as the door was opened. His parent's neighbors who were fortunately long time friends, tackled the shooter upon reaching the top of the stairs.

Haidyn's eyes drifted toward his father, studying him as the heartbreak only increased further. His father was lying on the floor beside his mother, his fingers interlaced with hers as he held a hand over his stomach, a pool of blood surrounding him. He had fallen unconscious.

Haidyn looked at his mother, who had been shot in the chest. She hadn't been shot exactly in the heart, but it was close enough that she desperately needed medical attention.

"Mom..." Haidyn croaked out between sobs, holding his mother's hand. She turned her head weakly to him, placing the other hand limply on his right cheek. She had a small smile on her face.

|    |

"I wish you would be able to always see my face,

But no more, shall that be.

I am sorry my sweet,

That it had to end this way.

Remember what I taught you.

Live on.

Live a full life with your brother.

Remember, I'll always love you.

I'm always here. "

His mother softly whispered, sputtering before she closed her eyes. Haidyn's eyes widened even further. He felt his mother's hand fall, and saw her breathing seize.

"Mom..wake up.. Mom wake up! Please wake up!" Haidyn shouted as he lightly shook her, choked sobs coming from his mouth. She didn't move, and neither did his father.

After a little while of shaking, one of the neighbors put a hand on Haidyn's shoulder, him shaking them off as he tightly hugged his mother's body, sobbing. He rocked himself back and forth as he did so, his body shaking with each sob.

Alex ran into the room, paramedics behind him. Haidyn looked up at him and dropped his mother's body, hugging his twin brother tightly. Together they both sobbed as Alex softly stroked Haidyn's hair to comfort him, though his smaller brother's sobs only got worse.

The shooter was handed over to the police, the now orphan twins watching from the doorway as the neighbors tried to explain they'd take care of the house and check in with the twins.

Despite everyone's best efforts, Haidyn wouldn't talk about what happened, and wouldn't say what his mother's last words had been. He wouldn't talk at all.

In the next few months surrounding his parents' deaths, Haidyn gradually grew slightly better, though while talking only little and having not smiled, Alex still considered that progress.

The nightmares, however, were only getting progressively worse. It went from Haidyn whimpering in his sleep, to where he was screaming, Alex having to shake him awake, his heart breaking at the sight of his frantic sibling.

Though, little did Alex know, that school was an even hotter hell for Haidyn, creating pain Alex wasn't even aware of.