Zoe x Reader {Fluff}

I've never written an x reader before -)

Zoe looked up, the soft but strong smell of coffee filling her senses. She'd been dazing off again, not noticing the waitress approaching her.

"Ma'am?" The waitress tapped Zoe's shoulder, causing her to jump. Zoe looked at the name badge, remembering the name, Y/n, from somewhere, but ignored it as she took her coffee.

"Sorry, I must've have dazed off." Zoe chuckled, shuffling through her purse as she pulled out a ten and some quarters and plopped them in the waitress's hands. "Would that be enough?"

"Yes, I believe that would be." Y/n muttered, folding the ten, quarters inside of it. She looked back up at Zoe. "Do you frequent here?"

"Yes." Zoe nodded and smiled. "You clearly work here. Is it any enjoyable?"

"More or less." Y/n sighed. "You're actually the best of today's customers. A lot have been bitchy. Sorry for cursing."

Zoe shrugged and sipped her coffee. "It's alright. I'm used to hearing words like 'bitch'. Say, you seem like a good person. Wanna swap numbers so we can talk more?" Zoe pulled out a piece of paper, writing her number on it before handing it to Y/n.

"Uhhhh. I just met you?" Y/n blinked, though taking the paper.

"You're right. It's up to you."

Y/n nodded and walked away, Zoe calmly sipping her coffee.

|| ||

Zoe was sitting on her couch watching Haikyuu. She really had nothing better to do, since all of her papers for college had been finished, and she'd already went and got coffee for the day.

Fortunately, or at least she hoped, her phone dinged, and Zoe looked down at it.

???
hello? is this number actually in service?

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
yes.

???
i see what you did there.

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
do my eyes spy a HamilFan?

???
Yes. Now what are you putting me as?

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
hm. Let's see....

???
I don't have all day. Though I apologize for the rudeness.

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
There, you are now, 'Y/n'

Y/n
Hm.

Literally, why did you want my number? It sounded like some hallmark movie where the guy meets the girl

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
I already told you.
Be
More
Chill.

Y/n
Oh god please don't start spamming lyrics.

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
Thanks for the idea pancake

Y/n
Well fuck me gently with a chainsaw, what have I gotten myself into

Only20ButMyMindIsOlder
just you wait

Read at 1:08 pm

(There will be a part two)