2 | Freedom

Chapter Two — Freedom

—————★—————

——Agreeing to the Commander's proposal was the most nerve-wrecking and emotionally consuming deal you've ever done. It meant giving away a year of your life to a man you hardly knew.

Now, you had convinced Commander Kylo Ren to let you see the departure of the diplomats and Counsellor.

You weren't far from their capsule. Which made you ponder an idea that wouldn't leave you. It consumed you for the past hour, you believed that there was a chance to leave, run away. What was the chance that the Commander would obliterate the capsule with you on it. He made it obvious that you were his to him. Almost as if he yearned for you to stay. You could care less of what he wanted. He spoke about you as if you were an emotional-support droid. You were much more than that; not to mention human.

You saw as the diplomats and Counsellor look back at you in confusion. You waved at them, trying to have them turn their backs on you. So that the stormtroopers wouldn't be as alert on you.

Just run. Y/n. This is your only chance. You turned, looking up at the station. You looked to your right and left seeing that no one had their eyes on you and Commander Ren was nowhere in sight. You stepped forward, hesitantly.

"Space shuttle 17-V departing in twenty seconds."

"Fuck it," you pushed yourself and sprinted towards the capsule.

"Hey! Hey! Stop her!"

You heard overhead they were making it known that you had to be stopped. You kept silently praying to the stars that you would make it. You could hear the amount of commotion around you. You gazed at the other diplomats opening the door to let you in.

You sprinted with no stop inside the space shuttle as they quickly closed it and the shuttle took off. You breathed heavily, your eyes watering in relief.

"Miss, what happened? Why couldn't you join us?" the Counsellor asked you, while all the others helped you up.

"The deal was that I stayed with the First Order for a year. I couldn't give a year of my life to the Commander. I thought they would torture me or--," you couldn't let out what else you were thinking, but everyone thought of it.

"You're right. Who knows what that monster would've done to you." Syra assured you that what you did was not your fault. Even though the consequences might be lethal.

You saw one of the other diplomats stare at you in anger.

"What's wrong?" Lintin asked the diplomat.

"We all may just die because of this. They clearly wanted you to stay on base. Now, you've endangered all of us and if we make it to Naboo. You will have endangered the citizens on that planet." the angry diplomat expressed.

The Counsellor argued, "if it was you, a woman held captive forcefully, would you agree to giving up a year of your life to a man you didn't know. Young man, she came here to negotiate with credit not her life. She is frightened and not trained in these type of situations. None of you are."

The young man stayed quiet, understanding, muttering a quick apology.

"I wasn't thinking clearly, and I apologize, but I rest assured that he will not blow up this shuttle with me inside." you let them know.