Nine

A/N - if you notice, you'll see that I changed the name of the book. Well it happens to be clashing with another book with the same title so I had to change it to avoid issues with wattpad. I promise it's still the same so please enjoy. Vote and comment ❤️❤️

****************************************

"Thanks for coming." Jamey said again.   Brooklyn roll her eyes, "You've said that plenty times Jamey, it's okay. The fair is actually interesting. Though it never crossed my mind to come here before"she told him.

All around people ran about talking and laughing. Music player from different kiosks and stalls as kids ran about

"Really? Why?" Jamey asked.

"Nothing, it's just that, i guess am too chicken to go out and Kenzie will never want to come here, and i can't come here alone" Brooklyn tsk at the thought of her and Kenzie walking around the park.

Jamey shook his head,"Oh,true it can be very boring walking around here alone but it's actually fun though."

"Have you ever been here alone?" Brooklyn asked.

"Yeah just once,I didn't feel like being with anyone and I was going through somethunh then" Jamey admitted. The last time he came here was when his ex broke up with him, he came here to think and ask himself where he went wrong.

"I'm sorry" Brooklyn say

"It's not your fault, you don't know about it" he chuckle.

"And i bet it isn't your fault too." Brooklyn said

Jamey smile, "You're really a nice person Brooklyn, you really do have a way of making people like you"he said before he could stop himself.

Brooklyn laugh, "I'll take that as a compliment." she say.

"Hey! Am starving!" Asher announced stopping to sit, even if he was bribed and cajoled to come for the fair, he deserves to eat⁦, right????

Kenzie laugh, "There's a food cart over there!" she pointed out.

"Um Jamey and I will get food, you guys wait for us okay?" Brooklyn pulled a surprise Jamey away.

Kenzie sigh and played with her fingers, her plan was going well,she finally have Asher alone but she can't say anything to him.

"Are you going to admire your nails all day??" Asher asked, he was bored of the girl touching her nails, i mean it was her nails!!!!

Kenzie blushed, "no. I. Um"

"Are you really scared of talking to me?" Asher asked and when she became more red, he smile, he knew she had a huge crush on him, it was so obvious!! But he chose to ignore it not because she's not cute but because she's all to innocent.

"Yes! I mean no! No" Kenzie stammered, making Asher laugh heartfully.  "Do you know you're cute when you stammer?" he ask.

Kenzie smile, this was more than she expected. She hope the day doesn't end.

"So what's your dream city??" Jamey asked.   "New York!" Brooklyn say smiling.

Jamey laugh, "Does your name have a reference to that?" he grin.  Brooklyn laugh,"Kinda, but I really want to see New York! I really love the city, I have lots of materials to prove it." she told him.

Jamey laugh, "That explains much," he say in a low voice. "So aside cooking what else do you like?" he asked

"Well I sing"

"Really?" he ask like he didn't know she did.   "Yeah, but am not really good though..."

"Brooklyn??" he grins.   Brooklyn laugh, "okay am pretty Good but still, I can't sing in public though" she said.