Twelve

After Brooklyn left kenzie was all alone in the store, she would soon be free to go home,so she used the remaining time to Scrabble Asher's name all over her notes daydreaming about him and their chance of being together.

She was confuse, one minute Asher acts like he likes her, the other he acts nonchalant. She really wish they could just talk about it. She sigh and continued writing their names.

The door bell dings as the door pull open, Asher steps inside, he smile as he sees Kenzie, back to him. He goes to the counter and decided to scare her.

"Boo!!",he say in her ear. Kenzie jumped up in fear and dropped the note on the floor, "God!! You scared me!!",Kenzie held her chest in fear.

Asher laughed, "Yeah, sorry though, I think this is yours",he picks up the book and gave her pretending not to see his name scrabbled all over with heart emojis.

Kenzie shakingly collects the note and flushed with embarrassment, "What are you doing here??",she ask

Asher raised a brow, "huh?".

"No! That's not how I meant it! I didn't mean to ask what you're doing here, you can always come here and I..... ",

Asher burst into laughter, "You really are so cute!!!. Okay Kenzie what do you mean then?",he fold his hands.

Kenzie blush, there was something about the way he calls her name, "I meant what are you doing here without Jamey",she liked,what she really wanted to say was what was he doing here talking to her!

Asher smile, "Well as you know well Jamey is on a date with Brooklyn leaving me home alone!",he tuts

Kenzie eye grew wide,"Is it really a date??",she ask, sure he would know. Asher shrug, "What else do you call a boy and girl out together??",he ask

"Umm an outing?",she guessed

"Call it whatever you want sweet cheeks but it's a date, i mean isn't it obvious Jamey likes your friend??",he ask her causally.

Kenzie gasps, "Really?".

Asher roll his eyes, "Whatever Kenzie am not here to discuss our best friends".

"What are you here for?".

"Am here to take you out",he said as a matter of fact, he likes her and was not going to beat around the bush like Jamey.

Kenzie eyes widen with more shock, "is it a date???".

"What does it sounds like sweet cheeks? Will you go out with me??",he ask her in his most gentleman voice.

Kenzie bit her lips to stop herself from crying, "Yes. Yes I will",she whispers.

Asher breath in relief, "Thank God for a minute I thought you'd say no",he chuckle,"but anyway, let's go now",he stood up.

"Now??".

"Yes now. Time waits for no one sweet cheeks, c'mon you get off by 6 and it's 6:30 already. I'll wait for you outside",he wink and walked out.

Kenzie stared after him speechless, did Asher Adams just ask her out??? Does he like her????

"Are you going to stare or go out with him??", Mabel broke her thoughts.

"Yeah um, you think so?!",she suddenly needed confirmation.

"Yes, i see the way he looks at you whenever he's here and I think he really do like you",Mabel smile, they weren't really close but she liked Mabel alot. "Now go or I'll go with him",Mabel gave her her bags.

"Wait!!! The shop??".

"Don't worry I'll lock up, go Mackenzie, have fun", Mabel shoed her out, Kenzie smile and ran out the shop not without giving her a hug.