seven

༶•┈ 𝐆𝐎 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? ┈•༶
┊͙ˏˋ 𝐜𝐡. ❼ ࿐ྂ

The first thing I notice as I get out of the car is the heat crashing down on me like a burning blanket. It makes the air seem heavier with every breath I take. Still, this is the only day we get to spend time together so I shouldn't let it get to me.

As we approach the gate, we can hear the thick clanking of rides moving, the shuddering of rails and tracks, and the screams of their passengers as they are whipped around. We pay our entrance ticket and take in the courtyard with its souvenir shops and concession stands. Everything is a bright happy color, from the light poles to the benches to the garbage cans to the t-shirts of the employees who look like this might not actually be the happiest place on Earth.

Jungkook slides his hand into mine and squeezes it, pulling me with him towards the food stands. The smell of hotdogs and popcorn is in the air, as well as the odor of several dozen people standing in the sweltering heat, practically pooling in their own sweat. It certainly does wonders for the appetite.

"Want cotton candy?" He glances at me and I nod my head.

As Jungkook pays for the food, I feel a sudden tap on my shoulder and turn around. "Could you take a picture of me and my boyfriend?"

"Yeah of course," I say and grab the phone from the stranger, snapping a few photos before returning it back to them.

"Thanks! Do you guys want a picture together as well?"

"Yes," Jungkook responds before I can.

He suddenly wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to his body. Stumbling on my feet, I grip onto his chest without thinking. "Smile," he mumbles under his breath. I let out a puff of air and awkwardly smile as the camera clicks.

We look out for interesting events and rides to go on as we explore the gigantic park. As Jungkook examines the handy park map, my task is to feed him mochi ice cream and bubble milk tea while he looks for directions.

We walk into a large plaza filled with game booths and resting benches. My eyes immediately land on a fluffy panda bear hanging from the wall of one of booths. I gasp out of mesmerization and repeatedly tap on Jungkook's arm to get his attention.

"Hmm? What?" He looks up at me.

"Over there," I point my finger towards the largely visible bear in the distance.

"You want it?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes, can you try to win it for me?" I jump up and down. "Please?" I ask with pleading eyes.

He crosses his arms and contemplates with "satisfaction" written all over his face.

"Fine," he scoffs and pulls up his sleeves, revealing his prominent veins and muscular arms. I puff out my cheeks and divert my eyes away.

Girls begin to stop by and watch Jungkook as he shoots hoops, landing every single ball he throws. I can vividly hear them whispering amongst themselves about how "attractive" and "athletic" they think he is.

He finally succeeds at the game and all of the girls gasp in shock. I squeal out of excitement as I see the employee take down the stuffed animal and hand it over to me. Jungkook watches as I struggle to wrap both of my arms around the entirety of the bear and laughs.

"Let's go," he says with his eyes locked on me.

As we wait in a long line to ride the Superman, I can hear numerous kids, adults, and tourist shouting at the top of their lungs due to a tremendous jaw-dropping drop on their beloved roller coasters.

Jungkook had practically convinced me to change my mind about not going on any in a matter of 30 seconds. I'm starting to regret my decision, but there is no turning back now.

"We're up next~" he hums.

At this point, I can hear my own heart beating in my ears. Everyone seems to vanish and the only thing that I can see is the seat of the roller coaster that has sweat on it due to the previous rider whose nerves got the best of him. Sitting on the ride, waiting for the ride to begin is the most heart wrenching part.

The brakes let go with its telltale clank and the carts shudder. The chains strain to pull us up the rise, lifting us higher and higher until we can see over the entire park. Down below, people too afraid to brave the ride watch from below, living vicariously through the adventurous. They look like ants from this height.

Jungkook peeks his head over and notices me turning pale. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm," I lie. I'm going to be flown 50 miles per hour in a matter of seconds, how can I be okay?

Unconvinced, he lifts an eyebrow and suddenly intertwines his fingers with mine, causing me to flinch out of surprise.

When we take off, I tighten my grip on Jungkook's hand and scream as we drop. He raises his arms and screams out of joy as the roller coaster continues. It feels as though my breath is being pulled from my body. For a slip second, I feel like I can't catch my breath, and I can see the people in front of me desperately trying to gasp for air.

When the ride comes to an end, it instantly feel like I'm about to vomit up all of the cotton candy, and candy apples I had eaten earlier. My hands are quivering, but I know I just had the ride of my life, so I feel some sense of pleasure.

I look up at Jungkook and he looks down at me. His hair is messily tussled over his forehead and his cheeks are a hue of pink. Slowly, a smile creeps across his face.

"Go again?" I just nod with a grin.